Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Guns in battlefield 1 causes no damage after spring update

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Summarize your bug I was playing battlefield 1 after the spring update and i when i was shooting the enemy those enemies wont get hit.i recorded the video just to make sure it really hits the targeted enemy and not count as a hit.when the enemy is still it will hit 50% time but when the enemy is moving 90% times enemies wont hit.I think its the problem with net code looks like EA has changed it in the update.The players with the higher ping (Not soo high but high compare to the other player) is performing so bad that no hit from there gun is accepted as a hit but other players all hits are accepted as a hit.I even die without knowing whats happen and who has shot me its so unacceptable.If you think im a newbie to the game and maybe im not shooting good please check my status my Game name is Yasith and im in level 95 and last two weeks K/d Ratio is over 2.5.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just shoot the enemy when the enemy is moving .i think its the problem with net code looks like ea has changed it after the update.the players with the higher ping (Not so high but high compare to the other player) is performing so bad that no hit from there gun is accepted as a hit but other players all hits are accepted as a hit.I even die without knowing whats happen and who has shot me its so unacceptable.
What happens when the bug occurs? My shots wont accepted as a hit but other players all shots accepted as a hit.
Please select your region Asia, Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Sony Playstation 4
Enter RAM memory size in GB SOny Playstation 4

Platform:Sony Playstation 4

Summarize your bug I was playing battlefield 1 after the spring update and i when i was shooting the enemy those enemies wont get hit.i recorded the video just to make sure it really hits the targeted enemy and not count as a hit.when the enemy is still it will hit 50% time but when the enemy is moving 90% times enemies wont hit.I think its the problem with net code looks like EA has changed it in the update.The players with the higher ping (Not soo high but high compare to the other player) is performing so bad that no hit from there gun is accepted as a hit but other players all hits are accepted as a hit.I even die without knowing whats happen and who has shot me its so unacceptable.If you think im a newbie to the game and maybe im not shooting good please check my status my Game name is Yasith and im in level 95 and last two weeks K/d Ratio is over 2.5.

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just shoot the enemy when the enemy is moving .i think its the problem with net code looks like ea has changed it after the update.the players with the higher ping (Not so high but high compare to the other player) is performing so bad that no hit from there gun is accepted as a hit but other players all hits are accepted as a hit.I even die without knowing whats happen and who has shot me its so unacceptable. I just read that EA Games have changed these changes below on net code what they say is they have done this to improve the game play experience,but what has really happens is nobody was having any problem before,no one did complain that there shots wont get registered before the update the reason is that previous net code treated both high ping and low ping players equally now they just want the low ping players to leave the game and try a local server which has low ping but the problem is we all love to go play on a local low ping server but we dont have any ,its EA who should provide us a low ping server all the servers near me are always more than 100 ping and they are around 130- 140 its the best i can get .I know there are lots of other players in Asia who needs to connect to Japanese or Singapore server which is mostly about 150ms i used to play on these servers before spring update without any problem and there was no complain for anyone what so ever . I think EA must do something for this very soon or they will lose lots of loyal customers who were so loyal never left Battlefield for any another game what i can see from the answers are most of the south Asian,South African and many other players around the world who affected with this higher ping problem.I think a server near India is now a must as i have  seen lots of i south Asian players on Japanese servers who plays with very high pings if not  they should bring back the old net code and treat every one same.

What happens when the bug occurs? My shots wont accepted as a hit but other players all shots accepted as a hit.

Please select your region Asia, Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Operations
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Sony Playstation 4
Enter RAM memory size in GB SOny Playstation 4

Message 9 of 105 (21,738 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Guns in battlefield 1 causes no damage after spring update

[ Edited ]
EA Community Manager

Hey guys - I'm sorry to hear that you noticed a degradation of latency and hit detection since the latest update.

Many times a poor connection, latency, or impaired hit detection is due to your physical proximity to a server. It is suggested that you connect to a server closest to where you are playing to avoid issues with latency. We are dedicated to the continual improvement of Battlefield 1 and will keep you informed of changes as we implement them.

I'll also put in the Netcode update notes for the spring udpate:

Spoiler

NETCODE

- Fixed jitter for spectator when movement starts.

- Replaced Ping in Scoreboard by Latency for all platforms.

- Players with a connection above 100ms will have to lead their shot as server side hit detection is performed, indicated by icon in upper right corner.

• This should lower the hit around corner effects and impede a penalty for high ping players to hit players.

- Improved extrapolation handling for jittery players. Movement should now be much smoother and allow the other clients to have better hit detection on those.

- Lowered thresholds for network latency warning icons.

- Latency:

• Yellow 90ms 
  • Red: 200ms.

- Fixed issue with grenade unspawning when owner died. When you dropped a grenade right before you died, it previously just disappeared.

- Allow bullet damage from killed players if the victim got his shot off while he was still alive. This will allow killtrades, but in a fair manner.

- Improved level loading times during network syncing phase. Will improve the time joining into ongoing matches.

- Prioritize hit information over other information during networking.

- Fixed issue where bullet impact FX would appear at the wrong impact positions.

- Moved hit effect in more sync with networked shooter/shooting.

- Changed warning icons to use average fps for fps instead of CPU spikes.

- Improved algorithm of calculating lag compensation.

What you can check in the meantime is if there's anything else you can do to improve your connection per platform:

- All platforms 

Spoiler

- Powercycle router and modem

- Use a wired connection

- Make sure no other devices affect your internet connection

- Try activating / deactivating UPnP in your router

- Xbox  

Spoiler

- Set up  a static IP address
In the main menu, choose [Settings] - [All settings] - [Network] - [Network settings] - [Advanced settings] to find the IP address assigned to your XBox. Note this. While you're at it, set up an alternate DNS server as explained below.

Afterwards look up the router interface on your browser (this varies depending on the manufacturer) and insert the IP you noted in the designated field to assign it to the XBox.

- Set up a DMZ
This also varies from router model to router model. Look for the DMZ / Exposed Host setting and activate it accordingly.

- Use an alternate DNS server

Common ones are Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 as well as OpenDNS servers: 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220

You can set this in the same menu where you checked the XBox's IP address:[Settings] - [All settings] - [Network] - [Network settings] - [Advanced settings]

- Playstation 

Spoiler

- Set up a static IP address

From the main menu choose [Settings] - [Network] - [Show connectivity status], this should show your PlayStation's IP address. Write that down.
Afterwards look up the router interface on your browser (this varies depending on the manufacturer) and insert the IP you noted in the designated field to assign it to the XBox.

- Set up a DMZ
This also varies from router model to router model. Look for the DMZ / Exposed Host setting and activate it accordingly.

- Use an alternate DNS server

Common ones are Google's DNS servers: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 as well as OpenDNS servers: 208.67.222.222 or 208.67.220.220

You can enter those by going to [Network] > [Set up internet connection] > [use LAN] > [Custom]. Following IP address and DHCP you'll be prompted for the DNS setting. Following this you can adjust the MTU value as explained further below.

- Adjust your MTU value.
To keep it short: MTU stands for Maximum Transmission Unit and defines the size of a packet that's sent via your internet connection. We want to lower this and see if that improves things for you.

To do so go to the following setting on your PlayStation: [Network] > [Set up internet connection] > [use LAN] > [Custom].

Choose your normal settings fir IP address, DHCP and DNS settings. If prompted for the MTU value select [manual]. Standard value should be 1500, replace this with 1473. If this doesn't have any effect, try 1450 instead. Choose next and you should be able to connect to PSN after the proxy prompt.

- PC  

Spoiler

- Open your ports: - UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300 as well as TCP: 80, 443, 5222, 9988, 17502, 20000-20100, 22990, 42127

- Check basic and advanced connectivity settings

- Perform a Clean Boot

View in thread

Message 53 of 105 (6,805 Views)

All Replies

BF1 Guns causing no damage

★★★★★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Bullets doing no damage since 27 April 2017 update. Grenades/ erosive and melee unaffected.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. I've played 3 consecutive matches all with the same issue. I noticed that I could cause bullet damage on the initial spawn of one match, died, and upon respawn bullets no longer caused damage. Tried changing weapons/ classes but no change.
What happens when the bug occurs? Bullets cause no damage. The visual blood spatter happens, but there is no hit marker or damage caused. Not due to bad connection as there was no lag and grenade/ explosives and melee worked perfectly. Noted scenarios: Snuck up on a player on a mounted gun and emptied one and a half magazines into him with nothing happening. Shot a stationary sniper in the head 4 times with a sniper rifle but nothing happened.
Please select your region Australia
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number
Enter RAM memory size in GB

I can't perform a DxDiag an I'm playing on XBox One
Message 1 of 105 (24,864 Views)

Re: BF1 Guns causing no damage

@Culdogg

That's really weird, cause haven't heard from anyone else yet that they have a problem like this since the Patch.

Try to reinstall the whole BF1 game, maybe something was going wrong as you downloaded the Update!

Greets,
Travis

(Please leave XP and accept it as Solution if it helped you) Thanks

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 2 of 105 (24,852 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's interesting that you say this, because I've had a few scenarios where I know I've hit a guy (more than once) and end up dieing, just to find out that that same person that I was trying to kill, killed me and had no damage to their health bar whatsoever.
Not saying that it couldn't have had something to do with connections, I don't remember, but it's interesting that you say this.
Message 3 of 105 (24,838 Views)

★ Apprentice
This is enormously frustrating. I am trying to get there Martini Henry kills, and when this occurred, I just assumed I was having a terrible aim day. I usually have to restart the game (and even then I am lucky if it doesn't reoccur within an hour), but one match it just turned on again after I switched scout profiles in and out. I have gotten the bug in the tank, but planes seem to still work. I will try reinstalling
Message 4 of 105 (24,827 Views)

★ Apprentice
Update: repair didn't work, but I can damage airplanes with a glitched weapon (I sat behind a dude, and emptied a magazine into his head, then I started shooting at planes). Gonna reinstall
Message 5 of 105 (24,824 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here

Message 6 of 105 (24,781 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem.

It occurs on all bullet weapons like rifles, MGs, machine pistols, pistols and medic rifles. It seemed to me that even non-explosive tank weapons like MGs do no damage.

Also I noticed that sometimes when I die,  I get a "tank-hitmarker". 

Message 7 of 105 (24,771 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem here automatico storm does no damage most of the time and even other weapons i tried like all other weapons too sniping is kinda ok u have like 50% chance other player get hits but fast weapons does no damage 70% of time.My K/d Ratio was nomally 2.5-3 im level 95 now K/d ratio from yesterday after update was like 0.5 so i stoped playing game till they fix it there is my friend he is a real pro on the fighter plane now hes playing like a noob he also saying me the same problem after the spring update.

Message 8 of 105 (24,766 Views)

Re: Guns in battlefield 1 causes no damage after spring update

@YAFernando

What i know so far is, that DICE already know from the Community that the Hit detection is more bad now after the Patch. And trying to find a Solution.

Greets,
Travis

(Please leave XP and accept it as Solution if it helped you) Thanks

CCP Hero Banner 1 Grande.png

Message 10 of 105 (21,654 Views)