Re: Gun sounds extremely loud since the Season 6 update.

by specificzod

Original Post

Gun sounds extremely loud since the Season 6 update.

★★★ Novice

Since the Season 6 update the game has extremely loud gun sounds. Turning down the effects volume in game settings lowers it but also lowers many other necessary sounds.
I am not using any audio visualizer that changes my Windows sounds. All drivers are updated and there are no issues with any other games relating to audio.

From the search it seems that this issue has been faced by some people after updates in the past.
One of them solved it by Enabling Windows spacial sound - this worked partially for me but the sound quality declines when turning it on.
Therefore any other solution would be preferable.

Message 1 of 5 (1,077 Views)

EA DICE Team
@specificzod are you headphones or speakers while playing?

If headphones does it also have a settings menu?

/Atic
Message 2 of 5 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

No, they are simple earphones with no accompanying software or settings. Been using them with the game since game launch.

Message 3 of 5 (1,044 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic
No, they are simple earphones with no accompanying software or settings. Been using them with the game since game launch.

Message 4 of 5 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Novice

@specificzod did you manage to fix this? I have exactly the same issue as yours see another post https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Sound-issues-and-very-bad-spatial-sound/m-p/10028686#M963...

Message 5 of 5 (921 Views)