Guildmembers kicked from Guild - Want help from EA/Bioware

by ahd0ver

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Guildmembers kicked from Guild - Want help from EA/Bioware

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I posted yesterday about this, but it seems the problem has extended to now six confirmed members of the guild. We took a 3-4 month hiatus for the beginning of this years Semester and now returning before the summer, we find that everyone has been kicked. Some of us are still in the guild stronghold and guild flagship.

I am requesting some kind of help with this situation, we have spent REAL money on CC's to get decorations and many many hours into investing getting the flagship.

We have come to the conclusion, that as a private guild of just a small group of friends, someone was hacked and kicked everyone from the guild. We have tons of proof with screenshots, some old forum posts of myself recruiting when I was the Guildmaster. We can prove the guild was ours.

Any help is appreciated and I would like a response from someone from EA, I don't want links to the guild succession policy, I firmly believe that someone was hacked now that none of the officers + Guildmaster (me) is now in the guild that we started 6 years ago. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (508 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Guildmembers kicked from Guild - Want help from EA/Bioware

[ Edited ]
EA SWTOR Team

Heya @ahd0ver

I can understand that it must be quite a shock to lose the guild you have been in for a long time. However, there is a successor system within the game and if someone is inactive for over 30 Days the leadership will be granted to the next active member. As it looks like you and your friend did take an extended break which may have lead to someone getting the leadership you didn't think it would. 

What that leader does is up to him then, as the guild is his at this point. There is nothing customer service is able to do in this case as it is working as intended. 

If you really think that one of your friends got compromised, please let that friend call in or file a ticket as we first of all need to re-secure his account and then do all the follow up checks. 

On here, there is nothing I or my fellow community managers can do for you. 

~Kat

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (596 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA SWTOR Team

Heya @ahd0ver

I can understand that it must be quite a shock to lose the guild you have been in for a long time. However, there is a successor system within the game and if someone is inactive for over 30 Days the leadership will be granted to the next active member. As it looks like you and your friend did take an extended break which may have lead to someone getting the leadership you didn't think it would. 

What that leader does is up to him then, as the guild is his at this point. There is nothing customer service is able to do in this case as it is working as intended. 

If you really think that one of your friends got compromised, please let that friend call in or file a ticket as we first of all need to re-secure his account and then do all the follow up checks. 

On here, there is nothing I or my fellow community managers can do for you. 

~Kat

Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I cannot accept this as a solution. The only supported way, as a Preferred player, to contact any customer service is through these forums. Only subscribers have the luxury have in-game tickets and phone calls. I was a subscriber for 6 years.

Why should I subscribe to call or use an in-game ticket when this exact situation could happen again? We specifically took a break to focus on university/school work as we've done many times, and now we've lost our time AND (real) money. There has to be something someone can do, even if it's outside this forum.

Message 3 of 4 (454 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

You can call the support for any account issues even if you are not a subscriber. So I would suggest you ask the friend who think was compromised to call in as the people will help him with that and re-secure his account. 

It is true that only subscribers can write in-game tickets but the phone lines have always been open for every player (but will only handle account and billing issues). You are free to mail the in-game support at support@swtor.com and explain your case there. 

But if you think the guild was lost due to a compromised account, the player who was compromised must call in to get his account re-secured and the agents will look up the rest during their investigation. 

For you, clearly not compromised, there is not much that can be offered as the system for an offline guildleader is automatic and working as intended. 

~Kat

Message 4 of 4 (449 Views)