Guild new member drought...

by rawketboosters

Original Post

Guild new member drought...

★★★ Newbie

Hello! My guild has seen quite a bit of turnover in its membership over its life, and normally new members will immediately fill in within several hours or a day, so we're always sitting at 46-50. Starting roughly last week we noticed we weren't getting anybody new, and now it's been all week and we're down to 42, and thinking there's something wrong with our guild's visibility to prospective members. Is there a setting we're missing or could this be a bug?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (702 Views)

Re: Guild new member drought...

@rawketboosters 

Active recruiting on the right discord servers always helps. Don't wait passively for new members because they might not show up at all.

Message 2 of 6 (619 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem with no flow of new members coming in  our guild Antigalactic Secret Society. We are an East Coast U.S.A. Guild that’s been active since day 1 of the game. Hit a wall when it comes to the flow of new members. Never mind members that do the mandatory 600 daily raid tickets that the game has or the mandatory guild events & Activities.  This is by far the slowest it’s ever been and it's been going on since the beginning of May 2019.

I have changed the 2 settings to allow anyone to join & we got nothing at all. I think it’s an update problem because their was one shortly before it came to a complete stop. It’s happened before, I just figured CG had their hands full with the Grand Championships. Glad to see its not just us. Hope the devs do something soon cause it gets players disheartened when this happens . 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 6 (597 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update : 

I spoke on the phone with EA as it’s now been almost 3 months &, members are getting frustrated . My few Pay 2 Play members are flat out dropping the game . 

EA says that they have “ never “ sent people to Guilds. That it was always by a search option (which is not correct) . EA says they do not send members in any way & that we should look to discord , the forums , facebook etc. for members on our own .

as a Guild owner I can say I have plenty of guild chores to do each day , especially with all the changes lately (like Geo TB & no official warning of who was going to be needed for the event) 

i wish all who who reads good luck on their adventures . Feel free to search our guild as it is a great one . Gonna look to see if any Guilds would like to merge over to us or just check us out . We are 

Antigalactic Secret Society    

ElectricAngelo ally code 636417785

Message 4 of 6 (462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response. It was just a little jarring that suddenly there was no more flow of new players; we were always sitting at close to 50 and kicking inactives. A change was absolutely made in the game. I've had some success with this tool http://shard.swgoh.life/recruit.php?p=1 we're sitting at 45/50 right now which I'm happy with.

Message 5 of 6 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you As well cause I was starting to think it was just us . 

That is the same exact situation for us . I had to boot 8-9 people at once due to non participation/ no tickets / bad attitudes. I try & give plenty of warning & keep everything out in the open chat  

We always received plenty of people but it was like a wall . 

Thank you for that tool 

up till now I was really only using 

http s://www.swgoh.help

a lot of the same tools - easy navigation though 

thanks again I appreciate the responses ;-) 

Message 6 of 6 (439 Views)