Re: Guild name special characters replaced by question marks (??)

by Knilea

Original Post

Guild name special characters replaced by question marks (??)

★★★★★ Newbie

Good evening, I would like to report an issue and hopefully have a solution for it, that has been haunting me and some other alliance officers.

Since the late of January there was an issue with names and special characters in Guild Names that would swap them to question marks (??). 
As you can see in the images below, our original name contained a special character called xi which is a Greek character, also one that we use across and alliance of several guilds and that has helped us differentiate and identify ourselves.

I've tried several times to contact the support in game many times, they were never able to come up with a solution or do anything at all.

I have several tickets and screenshots of conversations with the In Game Support, some with poor english skills that lead to nothing has there was clearly a language barrier, others that simply couldn't do anything, and others that were trying to find solutions but weren't able to.

I didn't loose hope and kept trying to contact the support in game. Once they said they acknowledge the issue and were investigating it. Tried to question later about that and my question kept being ignored.

These is stressing me as the guild leader, other fellow guild leaders from other guilds in the Alliance I'm in and also our guild members who don't like our names to have changed without our permission.

After a while we tried to change the name to remove one of the xi characters, it worked for a while and then 2 or 3 days later the character was replaced again by the question mark.

I'm hoping we can finally find a solution to this issue, specially since there are guilds who have been affected by these and others haven't.

Message 1 of 4 (950 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in multiple guilds that are using this naming technique but it is only affecting a few. The naming technique is important to identifying as a community. Why it is affecting some guilds in our community and not others is what is so frustrating. The lack of answers adds to that frustration. Beyond, causing problems with community feel, it hurts recruiting efforts. Would like to see a resolution.

Message 2 of 4 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

We are still experiencing this issue as can be seen in the top left corner of the screenshot where question marks have replaced the original characters. 

Message 3 of 4 (901 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Coming up on 2 years of this. Cmon CG. ?????? ?? ?? ? ????? ?? ????, ???? ??

Message 4 of 4 (154 Views)