Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified Forces

by Justice668

Original Post

Re: Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified For

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

No luck there I'm afraid, two guilds, but they've been around for a while now.

Message 11 of 25 (1,375 Views)

Re: Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified For

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kipling

I will check for more names however there must be another way for yourselves to identify/find this type of information without user input?

How does the system know which guild my characters are in, or if I am in one at all? Is there no identifier tag?

Also, does the server merge have any thing to do with how you are searching, since it was created under a different server name?
Message 12 of 25 (1,360 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668 Without going into too much detail, the United Forces update wouldn't have anything to do with being able to find the guild. All internal IDs for Characters, Items, Guilds, etc. stayed the same.

The problem is that guilds are commonly renamed after a takeover like this (they have access to the credits to buy one, after all), and finding a guild after it's been renamed is very tricky, hence the conquest log workaround.

Message 13 of 25 (1,351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling   Does that Conquest angle only work for members still in that guild, or anyone?

Message 14 of 25 (1,334 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

Any character that has completed a Personal Conquest Targed while in the guild, in the last 3 months or so. They don't have to be in the guild now.

Message 15 of 25 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That list of names I gave you is the best we have. In fact the one starting ending 'Me-up' was guilded at the time everyone was kicked and said they completed Conquest objectives in December/January.

Message 16 of 25 (1,321 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

I was finally able to find the guild after some cooperation with a few colleagues. So, the good news is the guild still exists, it didn't disappear or anything. The guild is still intact, guild bank and all.

The bad news is that the leadership did change due to inactivity, and ended up with the current leader. The current name of the guild is Spice, but there's not much more info I can provide.

Message 17 of 25 (2,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling@ragnarok013

Hi Kipling,

I do not know what you had in mind for us in terms of taking action, though I have found one member to this guild and that could be the person whom committed the act. Of course no communication has been established as you can imagine.

What are our options for recourse? Are Bioware going to investigate to determine if this was a clear negative set of actions on the part of that individual, and as a consequence consider reparations? Particularly in lieu of the fact that their poor policy on officer absence/guild leadership transfer is precisely what led to this happening.

Message 18 of 25 (1,222 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

Unfortunately because the system worked as it was designed to, there's nothing we can do if it comes down to a dispute. There was no scam/social engineering/hack, the leadership changed due to inactivity, which means the promotion was official and supported by the game. Sadly ours and customer service's hands are tied.

Message 19 of 25 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

In short, bad policy resulted in: 

• One hundred + players are without a guild
  • Bioware loses at least half those in subscriptions( when they could do with all the monetary assistance they can muster )
  • A thief gets away with robbery
  • The victims did nothing wrong

Bioware should add /start advertising a new benefit to being a subscriber.

"Feature : Guild retention" - We value our customer's patronage so much, that as long as you subscribe, you will always be in control of your guild***

***(fine print) conditions apply : Can never unsubscribe and must have no life/consider taking a vacation over three weeks/micromanage your guild to ensure there's enough subscription/activity coverage.

It's clear the whole thing is a scam, from the policy to the F2P system to the guy that got away with obviously hijacking a guild. 

It's ironic that for nearly five years we disregarded the idea of ever playing SWTOR again because we felt Bioware really tanked on managing the game (in many ways), by summer of 2012, only being five months since the game's launch. Then we decided to take the plunge and after putting all the time and effort into it, to rebuild the second age of the guild, make progress and grow with new members..it ends.

And not because of in-fighting, or boredom, or 'that time of year' (summer, when everyone goes outside), or because of changes in the game itself.

I suppose the 2012-2017 version of me was smarter than my current self.

;shrug; 

Message 20 of 25 (1,103 Views)