Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified Forces

by Justice668

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified Forces

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello all, and Kipling,

We have never had to use this Q/A system before, and hoped we would not need to. Alas, that is not the case.

Similar to what transpired with this guild : https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Guild-went-missing-in-server-merge-patch-2-person-guild-s...

..we too found this happened to us on the weekend just past somewhere between Friday the 5th and Monday the 8th of January.

After the merge and a bit of time passing, most of our upper staff and myself as guild leader logged in to find that they/we had all been removed from the guild.

None of our active in-game members and/or contacts via Discord/Guild website are able to access it.

This was a fully fledged HM Operations guild(yes we still exist in this age of Conquest farming), with set specific ranks and roles that applied to the roster, guild bank vaults and stronghold.

I cannot imagine Bioware's awful four week inactivity policy has trickled down through several layers in a guild with at least eighty members.

Before jumping to conclusions and accusing someone of hijacking the guild, I'd like to at least identify whether it still exists.

Guild name : Order of Defiance

Server : The Red Eclipse now Darth Malgus

Guild master : Justïce, seconded by Kessrinn and Lichbone 

We do have a near abridged list of all the in-game characters, however not aware of how to cross reference that with in-game guild status to see if anyone is still a member. 

Know that we are doing all the we can, spreading the word on Discord, website and voice comms /phone calls to members to try and discover more.

Any assistance from staff would be most welcome in trying to at least give us visibility on the situation. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 25 (1,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified For

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

I was finally able to find the guild after some cooperation with a few colleagues. So, the good news is the guild still exists, it didn't disappear or anything. The guild is still intact, guild bank and all.

The bad news is that the leadership did change due to inactivity, and ended up with the current leader. The current name of the guild is Spice, but there's not much more info I can provide.

View in thread

Message 17 of 25 (2,611 Views)

All Replies

Re: Guild members auto kicked and no visibility of guild status post Unified For

@Justice668

I can flag @EA_Kipling  for you , not sure what he can do though , funnily enough on the flip side i came over this post of a guy kicking everyone out of a large guild ... 

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 2 of 25 (1,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hello thank you that would be kind.

I was encouraged by his response in the thread I linked, as he tried to at least identify if the guild still existed - something we do not seem to be able to do.

I have read that post and yes, unfortunate side effect of what seems like a not very thought out system/policy.

We're hoping it's a misunderstanding and that ultimately power to the rightful individuals can be restored. 

Message 3 of 25 (1,709 Views)

@Justice668

He will be back on Monday , he will get the flag for here

SWTOR Forum Username = OwenBrooks
Australian (Fellow SWTOR Player) volunteer moderator. I do not work for EA.
Photo of my New Speeder 
More information about: Becoming a Champion 
SWTOR FAN Community Website Click Here

Message 4 of 25 (1,707 Views)

[ Edited ]

@proxos666 wrote:

@Justice668

I can flag @EA_Kipling  for you , not sure what he can do though , funnily enough on the flip side i came over this post of a guy kicking everyone out of a large guild ... 

@proxos666 I "was" a member of this guild so I hope that @Justice668 who was our GM can get some clarification on the matter.  

On the broader topic of guild leadership succession I think the GM being able to pick "X" number of successors from the officer ranks would prevent this type of thing from happening.  I know the intention of the auto-GM swap but an option to manually enable a succession plan instead of allowing any old swinging Joe to become GM would be a lot more palatable IMO.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 5 of 25 (1,674 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Justice668

If Justîce was the Guild Leader, then I'm afraid there was a 4 week gap around Dec-Jan that could have potentially lead to this situation. That being said, I couldn't find the guild in question.

I can try and look into it a bit further with some specific information. If any of the guild members completed a Personal Conquest target while in the guild in the last 2-3 months, can you tell me their character names? It's a long shot, and I won't be able to do anything if the leadership was lost due to inactivity, but it should hopefully give you a bit more info.

@ragnarok013

The Guild Ranks already act as a successor hierarchy, ie. if the Guild Leader is inactive, the leadership goes to highest ranking active subscriber, so ensuring that your officers are active and subscribed is important.

Message 6 of 25 (1,661 Views)

@Justice668 wrote:

Hello thank you that would be kind.

I was encouraged by his response in the thread I linked, as he tried to at least identify if the guild still existed - something we do not seem to be able to do.

I have read that post and yes, unfortunate side effect of what seems like a not very thought out system/policy.

We're hoping it's a misunderstanding and that ultimately power to the rightful individuals can be restored. 

@Justice668 I actually read his Reddit post the opposite way. He said that he "couldn't remember" the name because he didn't want someone in the thread to say "Hey it's my guild, give it back!". All he had to do was look at the name above his characters name. He also could have just looked at the members roster and made any officer the GM, but instead he intentionally kicked everyone to include members like me that played every day (showing that it wasn't a dead guild), and then went to Reddit to get adivce on how to offload the guild and make money. Naturally the trolls on reddit advised him to plunder the guild and sell it off.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Message 7 of 25 (1,662 Views)

@EA_Kipling wrote:

@ragnarok013

The Guild Ranks already act as a successor hierarchy, ie. if the Guild Leader is inactive, the leadership goes to highest ranking active subscriber, so ensuring that your officers are active and subscribed is important.

I understand how the succession system works, what I was saying was we should have an optional way to disable succession beyond a certain group of people to prevent scenarios like we've experienced here. If there's anything that I can do to assist you in your search for the guild feel free to PM me here or on Slack.

Message 8 of 25 (1,661 Views)

EA Live QV Team

ragnarok013 wrote:

I understand how the succession system works, what I was saying was we should have an optional way to disable succession beyond a certain group of people to prevent scenarios like we've experienced here.

Ah right. Not a bad idea, actually.

Message 9 of 25 (1,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Kipling

You can try the following where it concerns Conquest:
[Names Removed, just in case]

Message 10 of 25 (1,642 Views)