Grid Legends Network Error

by solidferret75

Original Post

Grid Legends Network Error

★★★ Newbie

I launch Grid Legends on Xbox Series S and it successfully logs in but when i select Career it says on screen NETWORK ERROR, Failed to create session chech your internet connection and try again. Im using a Wired Network Connection on my console and it has no issues and my NAT is open. Ive tried power cycling my console, resting my console and router ive even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling the game and didnt fix the problem. I am able to verify i purchased the game on my microsoft account order history but EA support is unable to check the Entitlement on my EA account. I suggestedto EA support if it would correct itself if i unlink and then link my account but they told me that if i unlink my Xbox Live account from my EA account that i wouldnt be able to link my xbox live account to my EA account again. Ive tried all the trouble shooting i could find on EA and Xbox website and none of the trouble shooting steps listed on either website solved my problem. Ive even seached everywhere on the internet on how to solve my problem but havent found a solution. All help solving my problem would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 1 of 14 (6,019 Views)

Re: Grid Legends Network Error

Community Manager

Hi @solidferret75 

solaire.png

Message 2 of 14 (5,965 Views)

★ Apprentice
@solidferret75 I’m having the same issue on my series x, it just says please wait Initialising online services. It never gets past that. Over 3 weeks now
Message 3 of 14 (5,434 Views)

★★ Novice

Sane i just got the game 6/12. After the first night i log back in and it needs to "initialise" i go to see if my game save is available or if i could make a save and i guess i reset all my progress.. i had done a few races esrlier that didnt save because of this in game issue. Now i have to start all over and the issue still remains. I got bored of redoing races now i cant even go online racing. 

Message 4 of 14 (5,265 Views)

★★ Novice
@Benjinson_1066 I just fixed it. I logged into my wifes account and loaded the game. When it ask me about the ea link on hers i skipped it. I signed out before i finished the rest of the settings before it throws you into the opening prologue. I then got back on my acc. After i pressed start it needed to "initialize" but it worked quickly and all my old progress is back.
Message 5 of 14 (5,253 Views)

★ Apprentice

Great to hear you fixed it, I’ll try later 

Message 6 of 14 (5,237 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Dont bother with career mode because there is a sponser that is locked preventing progression in the career.Knowing these idiots they will wipe out peoples saves if they ever update the game again that is.Totally untested crapload of a game they released upon the fans of the series.

Message 7 of 14 (5,222 Views)

★★ Novice
@420Quick420 What do you mean exactly ?
Message 8 of 14 (5,212 Views)

★★ Novice
@Benjinson_1066 I guess ill be having this problem everyday. Tried to play on lunch, same issue. After work, same issue. Tried the sign out dign in method, using a diff profile then signing back into mine, didnt work. I went to play a different game that i listen to music to as i play but got bored and decided to leave the music stream on, close everything else,and loading once again to try and be connected online. It worked. Maybe try to put the internet under stress while trying to load the game or switch to wifi might work to. It could be an EA server thing that needs to have a port setup to play.
Message 9 of 14 (5,211 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The actual career mode,where you do race cups with different cars and trucks.There are different tiers to unlock and the last tier is locked behind an unlockable sponser which cannot be unlocked.It's a huge part of the game which is broken atm for 3 weeks at least on a new release game to boot.

Message 10 of 14 (5,158 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help