Re: Grid Legends black screen then crash

★★★★ Novice
Still can't launch it after newest update :/
Message 31 of 40 (3,791 Views)

Message 32 of 40 (3,418 Views)

★★ Novice

Problem fixed for me with the v2.0 update. The Patch Notes include this cryptic message from the developer:

'Various reasons that would cause the game to crash have been resolved across all platforms.'

https://www.ea.com/games/grid/grid-legends/news/patch-notes-20

Message 33 of 40 (3,273 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ixferrari458xi Increase your Virtual MEM to at least 4096 MB on a SSD this should solve your Problem. greetings
Message 34 of 40 (2,689 Views)

Betreff: Grid Legends - Black Screen on Launch

★★★ Novice
@AVeryNiceGuy hey, increase your Virtual MEM to at least 4096 MB on a SSD set it and restart your PC. This should solve your Problem. Greetings
Message 35 of 40 (2,685 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sh0ckinger Thanks for your help Standard smile but my virtual mem is already on 4864 mb, on a 1TB M2 SSD
Message 36 of 40 (2,645 Views)

Re: Grid Legends - Black Screen on Launch

★★★★ Novice
The same issue with my pc origin / ea plattform. i have patch v5.0.

Can not start the game. The game is loading until the screen, where i had to press ENTER. After pressing ENTER the game crashes to desktop without any notice or error message.

I tried to repair the game in the launcher and i also tried to uninstall, without success.

Other origin games are working fine.

any suggestion?

what i also tried

- run origin/ea launcher as admin

- switched launcher to offline mode

- deactivate origin/ea game overlay

- deactivate amd adrenalin game overlay

Message 37 of 40 (1,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice

dear ea-support,

please read this!

3 month later, the problem still exists.

In the meantime i even reinstalled windows 10, of course including the origin app and the game. but the game still won't start.

And in the second step I even installed windows 11. This also does not lead to a better result. The game stays dead ...

And now the best thing i tried: I installed everything on another pc.

But you won't believe it, the game won't start ... The exact same probleme... This is so sad !

@CM_TGKor however this read in the ea support: do you have any ideas ?

Message 38 of 40 (1,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have now solved the problem myself.
Solution: the savegame was broken. I had to delete the savegame file locally and on the cloud. All saves of 180 hours were lost. But the game is now running again.

Message 39 of 40 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only working solution I've found is to run the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I've only ever installed Grid Legends on a Windows 10 PC, and I never had any issues until I tried to reinstall it this year. It would load to the first screen that prompts you to press a button to continue, on button press it would hang and then crash. Changing it to compatibility mode for Windows 7 is the only step that has changed this for me, and game runs just fine now. 

Message 40 of 40 (453 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help