Grid Legends Audio Stutter

by NoahDanger

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Grid Legends Audio Stutter

★ Novice

Consistently from launch to the time I quit playing, the audio stutters every 2-3 seconds. Can play music or videos in the background without issue, but still the game audio stutters. I've tried reinstalling the game, changing audio/video settings, and nothing seems to work. Any advice?

Message 1 of 42 (6,654 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: my sound in game is broken

EA Codemasters Team

Hey everyone, thank you once again for your detailed reporting on this problem. 

I'm delighted to share that we were able to reproduce the issue internally - specifically when using AIDA 64 - and after substantial investigation, we believe we have solved the problem for all users that were getting stuttering when using USB audio devices. 

This fix will be distributed in the next GRID Legends patch, planned for January. 

View in thread

Message 37 of 42 (2,237 Views)

All Replies

Re: Grid Legends Audio Stutter

★ Guide
@NoahDanger Its more like Audio poping, rather than stutter. Bet yes its constant.. I would try and change your audio bit rate. try 16bit instead of 24bit?
Message 2 of 42 (6,576 Views)

★ Guide

Turn off Spatial audio.  And use your sound cards settings, either stereo or 5.1/7,1.

Its sounds way better, and no more audio pops.

Plus the spatial audio seems bugged, as in is sounds off, as the sound field is too wide, or a lot of sounds are going to the wrong place..

Message 3 of 42 (6,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@rdalcroft wrote:

Turn off Spatial audio.  And use your sound cards settings, either stereo or 5.1/7,1.

Its sounds way better, and no more audio pops.

Plus the spatial audio seems bugged, as in is sounds off, as the sound field is too wide, or a lot of sounds are going to the wrong place..

I'll have to try this out. I had spacial audio on in game and I heard people in front of me when they were behind coming up my slipstream.

I'll have to turn it off in my device settings as well to be sure.

Message 4 of 42 (6,450 Views)

my sound in game is broken

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

[PC/steam]  My game sound is damaged, like an explosion. Most intense from the first person perspective.
A small part is shown in the attached video.

https://youtu.be/sJs75Zy5_Wo

Message 5 of 42 (6,429 Views)

Sound Crackling on Moscow Map

★★★ Novice

During the career mode the sound is crackling and sounds awful on the Moscow map(Ironic I know) is this a known bug? Im am on PC.

Message 6 of 42 (6,376 Views)

Re: Sound Crackling on Moscow Map

★★★★ Novice

Can confirm, issue is still present.

Another issue I found is audio settings are not saved (E.g. Select Headphones, Apply settings, Exit menu, Enter menu again, Settings have reverted to default.) 

Message 7 of 42 (6,276 Views)

★ Novice
Message 8 of 42 (6,216 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

If you're still running into the same sound issues could you share a DxDiag when you have the chance? For more details on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website

Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 42 (6,146 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, have the same issue. Tried different settings for Audio (Headphones/Loudspeaker, with or without Spatial Audio). Even tried to reduce the Quality settings (Graphics, seems not to be the problem). The issue does not occur during Video Sequences; only when driving. DxDiag System info attached. Let me know if you need anything else.

Message 10 of 42 (5,980 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help