Graphics destabilizing to polygons...

by Hypnoskulli

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Graphics destabilizing to polygons...

★★★ Newbie

Hey everybody,

i dont really know much about PCs but i know that i have some decent Pc, bought by a friend years ago. I use a Ndivia GTX980 and i have 12gb RAM.

Well i simply dont know what causes this problems but i will explain what i am living through in Battlefield 5.

Most of the time, the longer i am playing, the worse gets my performance. Stuttering, lagging etc. My settings are a mix of middle and high settings with all "special stuff" like high dynamic range or those special visual effects stuff turned off.
But thats not all. After one match, in the summary screen between two matches, everything more or less alright. But after a second match, there are no images shown. Sometimes i can see the "best squad"-players but without any names above it (only their class characters) and nearly everytime, in the "exp and unlock"-screen (where you get shown what you unlocked/fullfilled in the last match) there are no images at all. I just see the "buttons" i can choose (like "next match" or "cancel") but without any images or pictures on it. Its like my game doesnt load any images.

What i have not often but sometimes is that my game is visually destabilizing in front of me. Some players become just grey/brown silhouettes (or half of it) with or without any walking animations (just sliding around). Furthermore, the graphics are simply becoming "polygons" at some points, without any much details... the game partly looking like some Playstation 2 Game. Thats not overall, but just in parts (sometimes the players, sometimes the walls, sometimes multiple things, but not everything at the same time).

I really dont know why and what to do against it. I always thought it was the RAM (i updated my RAM from 8 to 12 gb few days ago. Seemed to be better first, but now i realise that this wasnt the problem).

Somebody maybe knows what could cause this?

Message 1 of 2 (357 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Graphics destabilizing to polygons...

Community Manager

@Hypnoskulli

Missing images or textures can be fixed by right clicking the game in Origin and then choosing Repair.

Let that process finish and then reboot and retry playing and let us know here how you get on, thanks.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (339 Views)

All Replies

Re: Graphics destabilizing to polygons...

Community Manager

@Hypnoskulli

Missing images or textures can be fixed by right clicking the game in Origin and then choosing Repair.

Let that process finish and then reboot and retry playing and let us know here how you get on, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (340 Views)