Re: Grand Arena Battle Freezes

by ShotBaron

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Grand Arena Battle Freezes

★★★ Newbie

In Grand Arena Battle, the graphics freeze when the opposing squad attacks and is in the process of returning to his/her position.

I run on galaxy s9 and have had no issues until about a month or so ago. I feel like this started after getting the Android Pie update. This issue has happened four times since then, two of which were in critical Grand Arena Battles.

Only the SWGOH app is affected. No touches on the screen are responded to, but I can switch to other apps and otherwise use the phone without issue.

I followed the advice of restarting phone, re-installing app, clearing cache, etc. To no avail. This freeze happened again in last night's GA battle.

Message 1 of 6 (750 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @7etetic if you've tried the troubleshooting steps in the EA help article for Android devices and the issue is still happening, please create a Bug ReportBug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and to communicate any updates on those back to the community so we'd encourage reporting bugs or selecting "Me Too" on existing Bug Reports made.

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (734 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @7etetic if you've tried the troubleshooting steps in the EA help article for Android devices and the issue is still happening, please create a Bug ReportBug reports help us to compile information, better track bugs and to communicate any updates on those back to the community so we'd encourage reporting bugs or selecting "Me Too" on existing Bug Reports made.

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 6 (735 Views)

★ Novice

My Grand arena battle froze!! I tried again n it froze again.. now it says I have 2 failed attempts against the Ewoks.. please fix this.. 

Now I don't know if I should make another attempt or no.. my chances of the championship is screwed anyway. 

Please look into it.. my ally code is 416863722

Message 3 of 6 (652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This just happened to me.

I beat my opponent but it froze on the death of his last character.

Had to reboot and came back to a loss, with his squad back at 100% and mine unavailable as used

Message 4 of 6 (613 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ShotBaron Happens to me all the time in GA. I stopped giving them money over this. They will not fix it.
Message 5 of 6 (462 Views)

Community Manager
I can see this thread was necro'd. Please keep an eye on the date a thread was shared to help limit resurrecting older discussions. I'll close this one out here.

For future readers, if the advise in my post shared eariler hasn't helped, please open a bug report and add any information you feel is relevant as well as what steps you've tried so far.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Message 6 of 6 (431 Views)