Grahpics glitch since recent patch.

by Vicari0usly

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Grahpics glitch since recent patch.

★★★★★ Newbie

I just bought a new computer, the game works great, and my computer works perfect on elder scrolls but in star wars I get the issue in the screen shot, I have a Nvidia 940m with 2gigs but my comp is registering the integrated as well.

Message 1 of 3 (353 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Grahpics glitch since recent patch.

Hero

Try this first:

Delete the DiskCacheArena file under the swtor directory.

If that doesn't work, then run a repair.  Steps are:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher if your on the streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

I do not take credit for these steps, these are just what I found in the swtor forums from other users like Owenbrooks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Try this first:

Delete the DiskCacheArena file under the swtor directory.

If that doesn't work, then run a repair.  Steps are:

Non-Streaming launcher - Log into the launcher but don't click Play. Check for small letters "ST" in the bottom left corner. If this is NOT present, click the cog icon and then run the repair option.

Streaming launcher - If the letters "ST" is present, close the launcher, right mouse click on the game shortcut, select open file location and delete the BitRaider folder. Then start the launcher.

Worse case scenario switch to the non streaming launcher if your on the streaming launcher:

NOTE this is a complete download of the game again

right mouse click on game shortcut and select open file location

open the launcher.settings file in notepad and locate the below line and edit to the below

, "PatchingMode": "{ \"swtor\": \"SSN\" }"
, "bitraider_disable": true

SAVE the changes.
Delete the BitRaider, Movie and Asset folders then start the launcher.

I do not take credit for these steps, these are just what I found in the swtor forums from other users like Owenbrooks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“PATIENCE YOU MUST HAVE my young padawan”

– Yoda

Server: Satele Shan

Volunteer forum moderator, I do not work for EA / BW.
Message 2 of 3 (341 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

yeah I deleted bitraider and it fixed the issue, thanks, its been a week long issue.

Message 3 of 3 (335 Views)