Google Play gift card no reward

by thedeaddontlie

Original Post

Google Play gift card no reward

★★ Novice

Hi,

In your recent announcement about Rey's Journey you suggested buying Google Play gift cards from retailers other than walmart would earn you the Rey (Scavenger) reward. I bought one, but received no reward whatsoever (I'm in the US).

Is this a bug or misinformation?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5 (944 Views)

Missing rewards from Rey Google Play giftcard promotion

★★ Novice

SWGOH Ally Code 324-534-429

Google Play account dstaley at gmail

I used the link that was posted by mods / EA employees on the swgoh forums to purchase Google Play gift cards for the advertised Rey promotion.  After redeeming these cards, I did not receive the listed rewards and my Google Play account does not have any rewards listed for SWGOH.  

Message 2 of 5 (930 Views)

Re: Google Play gift card no reward

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same. Purchased at Target.com. Got a bonus copy of some kids app instead.

Message 3 of 5 (904 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here, either this seems a very badly handled and mis-released offer, or its potentially even fraudulant given that it suggests that your getting the offer when they know your not. It seems ridiculous a list of retailers was released then quickly taken down, and its still days later without an official statement, given that im sure we have all spent quite a bit of money to support this game in the past.

October 3 - "Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer."

Message 4 of 5 (879 Views)

★★★ Novice

It's clear something messed up and someone made a mistake... Totally clear...

But now they need to own the mistake. Put someone on the support desk all day today, help people like us that have the issue, and manually redeem these things if they need to. I spent enough cash on these gift cards, and feel like they're neglecting the issue enough to actually take some action on this one.

Message 5 of 5 (866 Views)