Google Play Licensing error after reinstall

by otterspammer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Google Play Licensing error after reinstall

★★ Novice

Every time I try to login I get an "unable to connect to app licensing service" error. It then tells me to make sure I have a strong connection to the internet.

I used to be able to play fine, but after I reinstalled, it no longer worked.

Message 1 of 19 (2,988 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Google Play Licensing error after reinstall

Community Manager

@otterspammer Unfortunately it is not possible to return you to your position if in the game. As this is an Alpha you may run into issues with the game and how it runs. 

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 19 (3,521 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

Am experiencing this too after my phone died during a game (Thought I had more battery life left >_<). Now whenever I go to log in I get this issue.

Message 2 of 19 (2,972 Views)

Community Manager

@Mavster07@otterspammer

All you can really do is clear the cache on your device and try launching it again. 

Darko.png
Message 3 of 19 (2,961 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed your advice and when I got back into the game, I was sent back to the tutorial. Is there any way to recover my progress?

Message 4 of 19 (2,953 Views)

Community Manager

@otterspammer Unfortunately it is not possible to return you to your position if in the game. As this is an Alpha you may run into issues with the game and how it runs. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 19 (3,522 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If you did account linking before your account was reset (the email linking thing) you can go into Settings > Link Account again and when you do the code verification it should detect the other account and let you select it.  It's weird that you have to go through the linking process again for that to work but it did for me.  Good luck!

Message 6 of 19 (2,870 Views)

★★ Novice

clearing cache didn't fix it for me.

Message 7 of 19 (2,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I disabled Google play then reenabled it and after updating Google play I tried rivals and it worked for me

Message 8 of 19 (2,791 Views)

★★ Novice
Still doesn't work for me either. Tried disabling Google Play and updating it after restoring to factory defaults, and launching Rivals just has infinite load screen as usual.

Message 9 of 19 (2,765 Views)

Google Play Licensing error

★★ Novice

No pending updates, currently running Google Play Store version 10.8.33-all and Google Play Services 12.8.74 on Android 8.0.0, Galaxy S7. Been like this for over 24 hours.

Message 10 of 19 (2,554 Views)