Re: Glitchy, choppy, frame rate mess

by forkbobomb

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Glitchy, choppy, frame rate mess

★★ Novice

I am running a 9900k, 32GB of ram and a 2080ti. I had no problem at all until about 2 weeks ago. Everything was buttery smooth, pegged at 144fps on max settings. Now, I'll be running and just turn, not in combat, nothing exploding, and my fps drops to 20, then back up, all sorts of stuttery, its a glitchy crappy mess. I like this game, but at this point it is literally unplayable.

Windows 10, fully up to date, latest nvidia drivers. Tried moving back to a nvidia driver from a few months ago, no change. I have the game turned all the way down to the point where a potato should be able to play it smoothly, let alone a $3k computer. Other games continue to run pegged fps at max settings, all benchmarks report fine. I want to keep playing, I really do, but it is just not fun when the frames are dropping and skipping like crazy. 

Message 1 of 5 (3,201 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I followed the instructions in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/td-p/8172874/highlight/false/... and have played 4-5 games with pretty good results so far. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (3,096 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
I've been having the same problem, but I'm on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme (i7-8750H, 16GB RAM, 1050 Ti). Also, my issue started before this latest patch (Voidwalker).
Message 2 of 5 (3,172 Views)

★ Novice
And while it seems very much like a local system problem, the issue also tends to be accompanied by latency icons.
Message 3 of 5 (3,117 Views)

★★ Novice

I thought it was a system problem as well, but all my other games run great. I even used revo uninstaller to rip out apex, and origin, with all their associated files and registry keys and installed fresh. 

Message 4 of 5 (3,112 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed the instructions in https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Framerate-drop-after-update/td-p/8172874/highlight/false/... and have played 4-5 games with pretty good results so far. 

Message 5 of 5 (3,097 Views)