Re: Glitches in game,lag,kicked from server, freeze

by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Glitches in game,lag,kicked from server, freeze

★★ Novice

I am playing on ps4 and my problems started with not being able to mute the incoming voice chat and then proceeded to glitch out randomly, kick me from the game to the start screen with a connection error message and when I pressed x to continue it would connect me back to the same Match and continue to lag heavily and is making my in game deaths dramatically skyrocket which is horrible.  

I have tried numerous steps to fix the issue but nothing seems to work so far.  

I also play on the same console as my girlfriend and she seems to have no issues with connection most of the time, please help me fix this as I love playing this game but it is getting ridiculous to try and play with it messing up all the time.  

Message 1 of 10 (692 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @KeizerSoze84.

Are you only disconnecting when you and your girlfriend are playing at the same time?

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 10 (637 Views)

★★ Novice

No, we never play at the same time.

I was able to play for a few hours last night without any incident and then it randomly kicked me out of a match, the screen went blank. 

It seems that only my profile is having the issue as she is able to play without any problems at all. 

Message 3 of 10 (635 Views)

Community Manager

@KeizerSoze84 

Are you both playing in the same location? If so, are you in a different room than her? Also, are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 10 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

Yes we are both at the same location and using the same system,tv and wireless internet connection in the same room.

Message 5 of 10 (609 Views)

Community Manager

@KeizerSoze84 

Are you both playing on the same console or different ones? Also, is it possible to switch to a wired connection or is the router too far away?

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 10 (596 Views)

★★ Novice

We play on the same console and we only have wireless connection it is only apex that has issues as all other games we play work just fine,  I have been playing apex today and have only had one issue so far. 

Message 7 of 10 (579 Views)

Community Manager

@KeizerSoze84 

That's odd you guys play on the same console and only you disconnect. Has it been a while since you power cycled your equipment? If so, try doing it now with these steps: unplug your modem, router and console. After 2 minutes plug in the modem and router. Let them come back online completely. Then plug in your console and start it up. Let me know if that helps or not. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 10 (568 Views)

★★ Novice

I did all the steps and so far I haven't had an issue with any lag,freezing or getting kicked from the server, will update as time goes by to see if this alleviates the problem. 

Thank you for your help in this matter I appreciate it. 

Message 9 of 10 (543 Views)

Community Manager

@KeizerSoze84 

Great! You're very welcome. If it happens again, the first thing to do is power cycle with those steps I mentioned. If that doesn't help, contact us again and we'll go into some more in-depth troubleshooting. Thanks and good luck!

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 10 (515 Views)