Gift Card Promotion Reward

by Aaeadile

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gift Card Promotion Reward

★★ Novice

Hello,

I purchased a GooglePlay Card from Target.com.  I did not receive the promised reward with this purchase of a Google Play card and adding it to my account.  I purchased another one afterwards from Walmart and the promotion did function correctly on that one.  I would like my reward for the purchase of my $100 GooglePlay card from Target.  The link the devs are now giving when they encourage people to take part in this promotion gives a link to Target as a valid option for the GooglePlay bonus incentive.

Please let me know if you require proof of purchase or anything similar.

Message 1 of 27 (1,795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gift Card Promotion Reward

Community Manager

Please see this link for information on the gift card offer and what to do if you do not receive the reward: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1334102/#Comment_1334102

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 27 of 27 (1,160 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Same exact experience. 

Message 2 of 27 (1,770 Views)

Community Manager

@dizzia@Aaeadile The offer is only available at Walmart and as such cards purchased elsewhere will not offer any in-game reward. 

We are always on the lookout for programs with our platform partners to share Galaxy of Heroes with new players everywhere. The “Scavenger Rey” promotion with Google is one such opportunity. It is currently available at Walmart and Walmart.com for players in the United States. Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer. Each offer can be redeemed up to three times per account. We will be sharing more information about this program in the very near future so stay tuned!

Darko.png
Message 3 of 27 (1,753 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That statement was released over a month ago today, so surely that means that the offer should be working now given that it says all retails regardless within a few weeks? That or the statement is very misleading given that it involves purchases?That or the below part kind of seems fraudulant?

"Over the course of the next few weeks the promotion will be available to all players who purchase a Google Play gift card in any of the participating countries, regardless of retailer."

Message 4 of 27 (1,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
@EA_Darko - the message posted on the forums indicated that any retailer in the link provided was valid for the promotion. The link was then removed a few hours later.

Here's the thread in question. You can see the removed link. As I mentioned in my post, I purchased my cards from this link in the few hours it was up.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/141920/reys-heros-journey
Message 5 of 27 (1,734 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Darko

Good to know now, but not the case in your marketing materials.

Here's a shot from the cache of your post:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:y3R8TjqwMd8J:https://www.ea.com/games/starwars...

And here's the quote:

"Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes players on Android that are looking to unlock or upgrade Rey (Scavenger) can do so now by purchasing Google Play gift cards available at retail locations around the world on online at here. Each Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes account can redeem this offer up to three times."

And here's where that link went: https://play.google.com/intl/en_us/about/giftcards/#giftcards-retailers

@EA_Darko You and your team need to own this mistake guys. Don't just quote policy. I picked up multiple cards, and want redemption on all of them.

Message 6 of 27 (1,723 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko I purchased my gift card well after that statement.  The terms of that statement have also changed since then.  See the post made at the end of this thread referencing the link given in Rey's Hero Journey thread.  Please take some corporate responsibility for poor wording by EA employees and make good on your promise.  I appreciate your deflection of resolving the issue by trying to mention a secondary post made later, but there are a number of posts which simply state the purchase of a GooglePlay card would be adequate.  Please take responsibility for the poor wording of your associates.  Even if these posts were amended after the fact you are still responsible for living up to what was originally said and action that was taken based on these statements.

Do a bunch of us have to pool together to get a lawyer?  It's not like we're asking for a whole lot here as a community.  Just some responsibility on your part for the in game rewards which are meaningless to you and have absolutely NO REAL WORLD VALUE as they cannot be traded or transferred between accounts.

Message 7 of 27 (1,722 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing here. We all spent money on false advertising and now can't even be compensated with the cashless reward.
Message 8 of 27 (1,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I was on the phone with EA support for quite awhile this morning.  In the end, their basic answer was "Yeah, we screwed up, but we can't do anything about it so you need to get ahold of Google."  

EDIT: So I contacted Google.  The promotion is only valid at Walmart in the US, they agree that EA screwed up with the false advertising, but there's nothing they can do about it.

So there's that.

Message 9 of 27 (1,650 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also had this same exact experience this morning. I had bought a gift card from Target because Walmart's online purchase wasn't working with my credit card (I believe they have a bug in their system that wasn't handling the apartment number on my billing address correctly) and EA's own advertisement/promotion claimed it would work with any retailer, one of which specifically listed in their link was Target.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

Message 10 of 27 (1,640 Views)