Getting abandon game penalties from the game crashing..

by JJSugarYT

Original Post

Re: Getting abandon game penalties from the game crashing..

★★★ Novice
@JJSugarYT Same.
My Internet connection is unstable as hell, and sometimes their servers are pure garbage as well.
And then, when everything goes well, the game crashes before the game EVEN starts.
At first I was like: Oh, okay, I didn't lose my RP.
But just like you, I lost my 'forgiveness' and now every time my connection or the game's servers kick me out, or when the game crashes I get abandon penalties.
Like, Respawn, this isn't our fault, sometimes it is YOUR game's fault.
I don't even want to keep playing if that means I'll just get back all the way down to silver or bronze.
Not like I can play right now, anyway.
Hope Respawn fixes this, 'cause we literally just want to keep playing the game they are letting die.
Message 21 of 71 (1,220 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Im also having these issues on a I9-9900KS with a 2080 Ti with great internet

Started playing ranked but these random crashes are giving me penalties now. I play alot of games and Apex is the only game crashing.

And we are not alone. Even the Youtuber Ragtagg made a song about this issue!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Mx0svylVs

(*Edit: In his youtube video, Ragtagg posted a comment saying Respawn has acknowledged the problem.....)

I would like a response from Respawn, on how they are going to handle this problem. At the very least I want my "forgiveness" restored.

Message 22 of 71 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/DXGI-ERROR-DEVICE-REMOVED/m-p/8655580/highlight/true#M604...

if you're on the latest nvidia drivers and crashing then just roll back the drivers (see link above). that's the solution currently until Nvidia pushes out drivers that fix the crashing (according to apex devs).

Message 23 of 71 (1,185 Views)

★ Novice

I refuse to downgrade my drivers. Its the fault of Apex Legends. Ive lost 200+ Points in 1 Week only from getting DXGI device unplugged  /hung. For comparison like Overwatch, League dont have such issues. PLEASE FIX THE GAME.

Message 24 of 71 (1,122 Views)

★ Apprentice

i just got a penalty because the server crashed  and now it says 9.59mins penalty and 72 pts loss ❤️❤️❤️❤️ this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ i ranked down because of that -.-

Message 25 of 71 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Novice

Downgrading the drivers does not fix the problem. I dont care if its Respawn or Nvidia, but this needs to be fixed. I cant play ranked now, because Im getting penalties now, when Apex crashes......

This is the only game crashing, and reddit and these forums are full of people with the same problem.

The Youtuber Ragtagg also pinned his own comment in his "song-video" I linked a few posts back, in which he states that all these fixes dont work Frown

Message 26 of 71 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Novice

I find the lack of official responses disturbing.

I cant play ranked because I get time penalties if I get a crash. Cant enjoy normal games, with rolling the dice if the game will crash or not...

Message 27 of 71 (1,027 Views)

Message 28 of 71 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve lost about 1000 RP from the game crashing in diamond 4, biggest joke of all time 

Message 29 of 71 (952 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve lost about 1000 RP from the game crashing in diamond 4, biggest joke of all time 

Message 30 of 71 (944 Views)