Re: Getting abandon game penalties from the game crashing..

by STYXZ75

Original Post

Getting abandon game penalties from the game crashing..

★ Apprentice

I'm going to keep this short and get straight to the point. I keep getting abandon game penalties for reasons out of my control and it's really ruining my enjoyment of the game. A couple of days ago, Apex kept crashing mid-game. Like actually crashing my whole computer to the point where I'd have to reset it. This was annoying, but fine at first since I was given "forgiveness" for a while. But I guess I've burned through all my "forgiveness" and now I'm getting penalties and now I'm up to 90 minutes! I've reduced the freezing/crashing by reducing my Origin friends list down to about 20 people. I'm not freezing/crashing nearly as much now, but it still happens a couple of times a day as opposed to the 5+ times a day from before. Losing hard-earned RP for reasons that aren't my fault is one thing, but to lock me out of the game for faults of the game itself is ridiculous! Can a dev please look into my account and release this stacking penalty that keeps getting applied to my account. I'm sure by tomorrow, I'll find out what comes after a 90-minute penalty and beyond. If this doesn't get sorted out, I'll be done with this game for good since it's literally preventing me from playing it and leveling up!

Message 1 of 71 (7,718 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue on the PS4, the game crashes and I get punished. I just got a PS4 Pro and still having the issue. I have a great internet connection. Respawn, please fix this!

Message 2 of 71 (7,664 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have been kicked 3 times today for crashes, and now I have (incrementally increasing) 45 minute penalty I am not allowed to play. If you are going to have software handling errors counting or not counting (which is impressive because I've never seen a game do it before), it needs to be perfect (and yours is broken!); or take it out! I can probably give videos of it crashing and then locking me out if you really want me to find them and upload them.

Message 3 of 71 (7,637 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Im having the same thing happening on PC, 2080ti, i9-9900k, 32gb ram and the game wont stop crashing, please someone fix this...

Message 4 of 71 (7,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Same here, my game just keeps crashing and I just get penalties because of it, its really taking out all the fun from the game

Message 5 of 71 (7,588 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Crashed a 4th time and my penalty is up to 88 minutes. I'd like a refund on my game since I am unable to play it for no fault of my own.

Message 6 of 71 (7,547 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have really bad WiFi, my family is not rich, and my Xbox one is the first edition so it’s pretty old and overheats quickly. The only fault I’m at is not having enough money to properly run the game okay. I crash a lot but I can’t help it, I’ve crashed today as well. It didn’t give me a penalty once I came back into the lobby, so I thought Apex has finally got its * together. 

so I turned off my Xbox to let it cool down so I play the game I spent $300 properly. 

I come back to the game 3 hours later and I’m hit with a 9 hour long, 557 minute penalty. 

I got so pissed off my started crying. I’ve contacted Apex on every platform there is and have yet to got a reply. If I can’t play this game because of things I have no control over, I want a refund for everything that I’ve bought and I’ll just delete the goddamn game and go back to Overwatch.

Message 7 of 71 (7,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same has happened for me too many times to count. I'm currently trying to play and every 1-1.5 hours the game will crash giving me a code on the ps4. When I queue into ranked modes I get penalized each and every time! It seemed to forgive me at first but now it's just stacking more, currently sitting at a 45 minute wait time. Im nervous to play more because I never know when it will cut out and ban me for even longer! I love to play this game and recommend it to many but unless this problem cant be fixed I dont know if I'll be able to say the same. Please help resolve this or any response would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Message 8 of 71 (7,497 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Я столкнулся с токой же проблемой, игра зависла во время  важного момента и больше не работала мне пришлось её закрыть насильно спустя 15минут, пожалуйста устраните проблему и снимите мне штраф.

Message 9 of 71 (7,489 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Same thing keeps happening to me on PC. I keep getting either the "Device Hung" error or just a straight up game crash and it has not been more worse than this recent season. I literally crashed in 3 consecutive ranked games and lost tons of RP as well as incurred the abandonment penalty. I think its BS how Respawn flaunted the fact that they knew when people were "Alt-F4"ing due to a code attached to the way the game was shut down, but someone who legitimately is getting booted from games has to incur these penalties. FIX YOUR [Admin - Removed] RESPAWN THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!! Yes I am actually really upset by this, I spend money on this game and I stream this game exclusively. How on earth can these crash errors not be fixed one year into the games release?!?!?!

Message 10 of 71 (7,267 Views)