Re: General Crew Skill Error

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

General Crew Skill Error

★★★ Newbie

When reverse engineering I occasionally get a "General Crew Skill Error" I have RE'd 60-70 Ion blasters and received no upgrade schematic. I believe this error popup is my upgrade failing to appear. has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it fixed?

Message 1 of 5 (514 Views)

Hero

@Thax_duskclaw

Some Gear aren't any longer reengenirable so you still can get mats from that but no longer schematics,

in the Toll tip should be an line xx% chance of getting an schematic, schematic already learned or no schematic available.

In the latter cases it could be the reason for such an error message.

I don't work for EA/ BW, I'm only another player.

My Swtor referall Link
Message 2 of 5 (492 Views)

EA SWTOR Team

as @Ahrngrim said, these are very old items you are reverse engineering. 

You will not get any mats from them when you see that error message, but the plan can still be learned. Have a look at your learned items and I am sure you will find the ones there that gave you that error message @Thax_duskclaw

~Kat

Message 3 of 5 (474 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The schematic states that it is 20% chance to succeed in RE. But it still says general Crew Skill error. Maybe it is true what you are stating, that some items aren't possible of RE anymore. But these are also low level Armstech blue items (for which, some people in game are reassuring me that it still works), but you just have a very small 20% chance to Reverse engineer it. If you are 100% sure these aren't RE anymore, please post it like that, since I spent crazy amount of mats to make 500 - M-415 Particle Beam Reapers. Which is the sniper rifle with unique look in the game (no other like it) with an extremely long barrel. I am left with some stock and would appreciate the correct 100% info, thanks much Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (398 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@Zingalamamudi That wouldn't really be information we'd have access to. I'd say if the crafted item tooltip displays RE information that in practice is not true, that will need to be reported as a bug to the QA team, either with the /bug command or submitting an in-game ticket in the bug category.

Message 5 of 5 (378 Views)