Re: Garden Warfare 2 tells me I need to update my drivers.B4.playingButihavelast

by senorburrito84

Original Post

Re: Garden Warfare 2 tells me I need to update my drivers.B4.playingButihavelast

★★★★★ Newbie

worked for me as well. I selected the game in 3D settings and forced High Performance on the EXE and it worked great. Everything is working now. Mouse, Keyboard +1

Message 21 of 51 (2,321 Views)

★★★ Newbie

where is the nvidia card on my computer

Message 22 of 51 (2,274 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare 2 tells me I need to update my drivers.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@zlinks16 wrote:

where is the nvidia card on my computer

If you literally have to ask, your odds of really having one aboard are very poor! 

https://www.google.com/search?q=How+to+learn+what+hardware+is+inside+your+PC

Message 23 of 51 (2,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

so how do I update to play it

Message 24 of 51 (2,270 Views)

Re: Garden Warfare 2 tells me I need to update my {Intel} drivers

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Laptops are a dead end, an ecological wasteland.  There isn't even a way to recover anything from the waste, let alone any way to upgrade those extravagant devices.  You have to get a new one that actually contains the needed games-capable hardware. 

Desktops are easy to upgrade, you just open it up, and add what you need, such as a Radeon R9 360, and its matching power supply. 

Message 25 of 51 (2,258 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have the same problem, but with _desktop_ computer.

I have latest Intel drivers, and also see the message, and also controls do not work in the game.

It worked _one_ time, and the game performance was OK, so it's _not_ low specs issue.

My hardware is:

Intel i3-4330 (Intel HD 4600 graphics)

8GB RAM.

I've tried on another computer (slower cpu, but with some radeon graphics card), and there's no issue, so it looks like it's specific for Intel graphics only (even if it's fast enough to run the game).

Message 26 of 51 (2,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

The game's launcher doesn't agree that ANY of Intel's make-believe video devices are any good, so the driver makes no difference whatsoever. 

RECOMMENDED
CPU: Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
RAM: At least 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB / AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Input: Keyboard and Mouse, Analogue Controller
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster internet connection

Message 27 of 51 (2,250 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I am  using laptop. Everytime i play GW2..the intel driver will still pop up , i just press ok, already change the Nvdia setting to High performance. After that i can play the game just fine.. So i guess it already use the Nvdia graphics.. i able to play it in stable 40fps , 1920x1080p 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4700HQ quad core

OS   : 64bit Windows 8.1

RAM: 8gb

GPU : Nvidia GeForce GT755M

Message 28 of 51 (2,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had exact same problem, so I went into control panel>Device Manager> Display Adapters and I updated them as much as I could. Standard smile

Message 29 of 51 (2,143 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

im on windows 8.1 and its giving me the same error can someone give me a link to get the Nvidia GeForce GT755M.

i dont know how to fix this anyone have anything for me to do to fix it

Message 30 of 51 (2,133 Views)