Re: Gameplay suggestion/feedback [Jumping mechanic]

by JoJo_DeBlahhh

Original Post

Gameplay suggestion/feedback [Jumping mechanic]

★ Guide

Problem: You can tell a true FPS Player from a Fortnite Player, because the Fortnite Player always jumps like mad in combat.

What I like: Jumping repetitively does result in smaller jumps if the button is spammed; however, if timed right, you can jump-spam effectively so the 'slow-down' to bypass or 'cheat' the Jump slowdown mechanic.

What I don't like: It doesn't help the gaming experience when Players jump around like crazy - it is easier to kill them because I can predict their landing spot but I feel it's a cheap play-style that should be reserved for Fortnite only, not APEX Legends.

Solution: You bring a breath of fresh air to the BR Genre and for this, I thank you. But I strongly feel that (if you've gone this far, you can go even further). 

This is why I suggest you add the following to APEX Legends:

- Add a Stamina bar which only gets consumed by 1/3, 1/4 or 1/5 at a time, for every "Jump in the air" you do.

- The Stamina bar should not get used at all when pressing Jump to climb up a ledge.

- When your Stamina bar is depleted you cannot:

a.) Cannot jump anymore

b.) Cannot sprint anymore

For a limited amount of time (say, 3-10 seconds).

This complementary suggestion is entirely optional:

The amount of time could be affected, depending on what level of stamina your level has (similar to the different levels of Shields you can pick up). So, adding Stamina items on the map would not only reduce the time it would take for your Stamina to recharge, but it could also allow you to use your Stamina for quick sprints in short bursts (equivalent to the amount of Stamina it would cost for 1 Jump).

Alternatively, if you do not want to spend the time/resources designing & modelling a whole new item (along with calculatin the 'Loot Drop Chances' in different ares of the map), then maybe add this to a current item, like the Shield, whereas [no shield = 10 seconds stamina recharge time], and [highest shield = 3 seconds stamina recharge time].

Just a suggestion.

GL & HF

Cheers

JoJo

Sidenote: Great game, loving it and I only started it 3 days ago, already got that first win under my belt and it felt good "PUBG type of good" - this game is the perfect mix between (unoptimised) PUBG and (no comment) Fortnite. Thanks for making a fun game to play!

Message 1 of 2 (134 Views)

Re: Gameplay suggestion/feedback [Jumping mechanic]

★ Guide

As an trusted Alpha/Beta tester with another publisher/developer's titles, I am used to giving detailed & constructive feedback.

I know you guys are very busy, with APEX's success, with the HUGE influx of players & all...

But, some kind of feedback/acknowlegdement of the post would be greatly appreciated. 

Please

=)

Thanks

Message 2 of 2 (98 Views)