Gameplay recording paused because you entered blocked scene

by a00Dawg

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Gameplay recording paused because you entered blocked scene

★★★ Novice

Getting a "gameplay recording paused because you have entered a blocked scene" issue during the connecting process on load, and can't get to any online options.

I've deleted and reinstalled the game, and made various checks of connectivity (I'm an IT guy by trade).

Offline play is fine.  

I suspect there's a setting somewhere in the game or in my PS4 settings that needs adjusting, but I have yet to turn up anything helpful.  Suggestions are wanted and welcome.

Message 1 of 19 (27,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gameplay recording paused because you entered blocked scene

★★★ Novice

Was able to resolve the issue.  Based on an identical error I found in a FIFA 20 thread and the suggestions there, I used a mobile hotspot to logon from a different network.  That asked me to input a stronger password, which I did, and then it produced a 524 error.  That's normally associated with an underage account user, which I am most certainly not.

However, when I looked into my EA account via ea.com, it showed that my email needed to be verified.  After I did that, I was able to get in via the mobile hotspot, and then via my home network.

View in thread

Message 14 of 19 (30,962 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

An update on another attempt to get around this issue, under Settings -> Notifications, turning off the option called "Blocked Scenes for Video Recording" made a difference only in that the message did not come up.  The screen remained black, and I had to restart the game.

Message 2 of 19 (27,535 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @a00Dawg Could you try to power cycle the console and see if that helps. 

Power cycle the PS4 system

1. Completely turn off the PS4 by holding the power button.
  2. Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the PS4 system for 20 minutes.
  3. Reconnect the PS4 system and turn it on.

/Atic 

Message 3 of 19 (27,479 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic , I'm afraid that did not work.  Just gave it a try over lunch.

Message 4 of 19 (27,475 Views)

★★ Guide
@a00Dawg Stop streaming then.
Message 5 of 19 (27,473 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Elphaba , I have not streamed anything to date, and don't plan to.  

Message 6 of 19 (27,470 Views)

★★ Guide
@a00Dawg That's weird because I only see that message when I'm streaming or recording. Try turning off your share button stuff and the auto recording feature.
Message 7 of 19 (27,464 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Elphaba , from what I've found, you can't turn off recording; you can only reduce the window of what is saved.  The share button has to be disabled in the game code (which may inadvertently be part of the issue here).  Do you have any specific suggestions I might be missing?

Message 8 of 19 (27,453 Views)

★★ Guide
@a00Dawg I play on PC. I'm just relating to my experience playing PSVR games and streaming - and when it's recording or steaming, I get that cutscene message. I don't get it all the other times.

Sorry; I thought something along those lines would have been a clue to fixing it.
Message 9 of 19 (27,453 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Elphaba No worries.  I appreciate any ideas at this point.  I expect it will turn out to be some obscure setting that has to be modified.

Message 10 of 19 (27,450 Views)