Gameplay issue

by THEMichaelWesten

Original Post

Gameplay issue

★★★ Newbie

Awhile ago I discovered that in Apex, every time I am in the champion selection phase, the screen freezes up and I get kicked back to the home screen. There is not a game where this does not happen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it did not help at all. Any help would be appreciated. I play on PS4.

Message 1 of 6 (370 Views)

Re: Gameplay issue

Champion
@THEMichaelWesten On pc it was 'Tab out and wait until ir pick' however this is not a solution.
Does this happen all the time or 50% or more?
Does this happen during any specific time?

I would say repair/reinstall but this is done already

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It happens quite literally every single time.

Message 3 of 6 (360 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@THEMichaelWestenplease try to do the following; Press and hold the PlayStation button on your controller.
Select "Turn Off PS4".
Let the PlayStation 4 to fully power down and wait for 10 to 20 seconds.
Restart the PlayStation 4.
Might not work but still worth trying.

Also verify you got all latest updates installed.

(This issue has happend many before and i don't know a solution/work around for ps4 only pc) :/

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (349 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I appreciate your efforts. My playstation has been turned completely off more than once since the issue began. I would not have been able to play/discover the problem if my game were not completely up to date.

Message 5 of 6 (339 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @THEMichaelWesten

Let's try some other troubleshooting to see if we can help out with these crashes you've been seeing. When you've got a chance check out the basic connection troubleshooting steps over at the EA Help website. If you're still seeing it happen after that check out the PS4-specific steps as well. 

Let me know how that goes when you can. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (239 Views)