Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Gamebreaking bug on the ice planet. Mission impossible to finish.

by Jlrockafella

Original Post

Gamebreaking bug on the ice planet. Mission impossible to finish.

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Standard Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug There is a mission where you have to go rescue some angarian from the Kett. Unfortunately, after I open all the cages with angarian in it, they are all stuck inside. I tried closing the game and reopening and tried leaving and comming back to the planet, but i can't speak to Niilj. He just stays in his cage. The mission is called "Stage a rescue"
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? I don't know
Please select your region North America
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service? Videotron
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the ice planet and do the mission "Stage a rescue" and there is a chance the angarian will not leave their cages after you open them.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Gtx660 x2 sli
Please enter memory size in GB. 12

The Mission "Stage a rescue" is completely broken as I cannot talk to Niilj at the end. He seems to stay in his cage when he should have stepped out.

Message 1 of 3 (373 Views)

Community Manager

@WishUWerePretty Thank you for the post. I'm pretty sure this isn't a critical path and won't block the whole game progress, but it is early in a long and important chain on the planet. 

While this doesn't affect everyone -I merrily skipped through it myself- it has affected a friend. If you have a save from before this happens, you can try reloading and re-doing the mission. 

Thanks again, hopefully this can be patched soon.

Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
I had a similar situation in that same planet where you have to meet up with the angarians out side their base to help then infiltrate the kettle base but they never moved so I just did the whole thing with out them and now the game is broken because it still thinks I never completed the mission. It was a high priority mission and I cannot continue the game no matter what I do.
Message 3 of 3 (152 Views)

me-andromeda-fem

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help