Re: Game wouldn't close down, lost over half of trial time

by EA_Andy

Original Post

Game wouldn't close down, lost over half of trial time

★★★ Newbie

I subscribed to Origin Access to play the much-awaited Battlefield 1 Trial. The game was great, but I had to leave after about an hour to go do other things. I went to close the game but was unable to get it to close, instead it was a black screen with the Battlefield mouse cursor. I didn't have time to fight with it so I left, hoping it would close itself. When I came back ~5 hours later, the game was still open. After I messing around with it I was finally able to get it to close but my game time is now at 6 out of 10 hours.

The online customer service center was unable to help with the issue, which was very disappointing as this was the sole reason I purchased my subscription in the first place. I feel as if I've wasted my money. Is there really no way to reset my account?

Message 1 of 6 (684 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @Nuanen

I'm afraid there isn't a way for us to reset the trial time.

- Andy -

Message 2 of 6 (674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i lost 9 hours because i thought it was closed. How does sitting in origin count as play time when you are not playing?

Message 3 of 6 (667 Views)

@MSC_DrilOne - If the game is shut down completely then it shouldn't count but if it is running in the background the time will be used.

- Andy -

Message 4 of 6 (657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thats horrible and I want a refund from my $4.99. Every time you finish a map it tells you how many minutes used. not being in a game should not count!

Message 5 of 6 (656 Views)

@MSC_DrilOne - Refunds aren't something we can assist with on the forums. As this is working as intended it would be unlikely a refund would be issued in this case.

- Andy -

Message 6 of 6 (639 Views)