Game wont start

by Der_Emanuel1

Original Post

Re: Cannot launch the game anymore

★★★ Novice

Hello again. 

I asked for help to customer service and have been guided trough multiple steps that still didn't solved my problem

so I'm joing 2 trace uo test that are asked so you guys can see if you can debunk my problem

ty for the help.

Message 91 of 122 (1,109 Views)

StarWars Battlefront 2 crashes while launching

★ Novice

I bought Starwars Battlefront 2 at the time it was released and it ran perfectly fine. Its been about a month since I last played it but I just recently decided to start playing it again. I updated the game with out any issues and then I went to launch the game and a black window opened up like normal as if the game was loading up. But then the game crashes and won't finish launching. I've looked up some fixes for similar problems people are having but nothing seems to fix it, if anyone could offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Message 92 of 122 (1,139 Views)

Battlefront 2 doesn't launch

★★ Novice

I can't laucn the game, someone please help!!!!

Message 93 of 122 (1,112 Views)

Battlefront 2 Will Not Launch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have repaired my game twice, updated my windows, and restarted my computer many times. Yet every time I try to start the game, this Activation UI thing pops up in my windows task manager. When I end that process after waiting to see if it will do anything, it brings back origin as if I closed the game. I don't know what else to try. Game worked fine 3 days ago and now wont even start up. I have also updated my drivers which were out of date but still nothing, and I reinstalled my game. I'm getting desperate to figure this out.

Message 94 of 122 (1,148 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 Will Not Launch

★★ Apprentice
Sorry to hear that.

Sounds like you might be in the same boat as me and many others. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Can-t-start-the-game/td-p/6489518

No found fix since december 6th.
Message 95 of 122 (1,116 Views)

Re: Game crashes almost immediately on startup

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ugh.  so in 2018, this problem has peeked its ugly head up again.

I have talked to 2 chat reps, done almost ALL of the suggested repairing, clean boots, deleting temp files, deleting trial files, running in clean boot, running as Admin but i am still having BF2 crash right after the splash screen...it will not get to the main menu anymore.  the game used to run for a few minutes, now it doesn't run at all.

I have done a "reset windows" options to wipe Windows 10 clean and reinstall pretty much all of my system.  --- Still no go.

I don't know what happened..if it is a Wondows update that did it, or a update on the game that created the crashes.  I am feeling like I am out of options.

Message 96 of 122 (1,118 Views)

Re: Game crashes almost immediately on startup

★★ Novice

same issue here.

Message 97 of 122 (1,112 Views)

Game wont start

★ Novice

Every time i start my game it open normal but then it just turns black and stays that way. 

The problem started to occur after the new patch was realesed. 

I have currentry 125 hours in the game and it have never happend before.

Does any1 know what the problem might be and how to fix it?

Message 98 of 122 (1,144 Views)

Re: Game wont start

★★★★ Guide
Dude, there is just so much that's wrong with the game. Everyone and their brother has tried to fix the game for EA, since they won't. Who knows what, if anything, will fix it or help you. All I can suggest is scouring these posts and try the suggestions until you either exhaust them or you find one that works for you. Good luck.
Message 99 of 122 (1,127 Views)

Re: Game wont start

★★★ Novice

Same here, everything worked fine until this patch. Everything updated I have 980 gtx and win 7/64 

Message 100 of 122 (1,099 Views)