Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia / AMD

by PresenceOfMind

Original Post

Re: Workaround for latest driver update for unsupported NVIDIA 770M?

★★★ Newbie
@drgrover2 Same here
Message 31 of 65 (664 Views)

Re: Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia

★★★ Newbie
@drgrover2 Touch me tease me please me lemon squeezee. It’s like a well planned out let down for those of us that know what exactly we’re dealing with
Message 32 of 65 (755 Views)

★★★★ Novice

If it wasn't for the anticheat I would just hexedit the driver check to an earlier number and see if it runs.

I wonder what kind of legal issue this lie/error could cause for ea. Publishing min specs that are not valid causing plenty of people to waste time and money. Maybe even to push hardware sales for their corporate interest. How many people are debating a console purchase now.

Message 33 of 65 (743 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any chance that someone from EA will actually respond to this thread? Especially since, it's clearly on them for misrepresentation of the spec requirements for their own product. I don't expect new drivers to be released as support ended over a year ago for these particular GPUs, so that places the onus on EA to fix the issue and make things right. As I've said before, I have virtually no faith that this will actually happen though. 

Message 34 of 65 (731 Views)

Re: AMD Driver issues on Steam

★★★ Novice

Still can't play due to this issue......

Message 35 of 65 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@eblood409 since when does a game check for anything more than what DirectX version your card is compatible with and EA silence on this matter is........ not surprising anyone.
Message 36 of 65 (688 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@LVL99-Earwax exactly, I understand that there is always the possibility of having driver compatibility issues but to outright check the driver version is definitely new. And as I said before, the fact that EA has not replied or mentioned anything tells me that they know they're wrong and it's completely on them

Message 37 of 65 (677 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Tukarjabi Good to know those of us with Nvidia GPUs aren't alone. Same issue with an older but still 'supposedly' supported GPU. No answer from EA either. They know there's an issue but refuse to fix it or figure it out

Message 38 of 65 (672 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still waiting for any response from EA

Message 39 of 65 (653 Views)

★★★ Novice

AMD is having the same issues. I'm using an Radeon RX 580 8G which is supposed to work, getting the same error to update the driver. Very frustrating.

Message 40 of 65 (648 Views)