Re: diver update

by Tukarjabi

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic, is anyone going to acknowledge this issue? At least get some sort of feedback from EA? 

Message 41 of 65 (996 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

EA_Atic is one of the people making sure making issues are being sent to the studio to be investigated and hopefully fixed. If he does not respond that quickly on here then have no fear, that doesn't mean it's not being looked into.

For AMD users like @TDKOM19 you might want to try the 20.9.2 driver with Squadron support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/

As for @drgrover2 - your 770m card is slower than the minimum requirements for the game, a GTX660. What's worse is that unlike the GTX660 these mobile Nvidia chips no longer receive driver updates which will make them have issues with running newly released games. https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-will-end-critical-updates-for-Kepler-laptops-on-April-2020.4137... - I'm sorry to say but you might be out of luck. There is probably a way to fake the driver version by editing the registry but I have no guides I know work on that one.

As a possible workaround for the rest of you, the issue might be outdated driver entries in the registry or similar, to try and fix this a clean uninstall of all graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) a few times in safe mode followed by rebooting to normal Windows and installing the latest driver might fix the issue:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

carbonic signature

Message 42 of 65 (979 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Carbonic I guess my frustration is that the game has the same requirements as Battlefront 2, and I can run that fine. Not at the highest settings, but it runs well enough to play. They didn't even give us the chance to try it here. Appreciate the feedback though. I may just refund through steam and wait a year or two when I upgrade to a desktop. Darn Covid put a hold on my upgrading haha.

Message 43 of 65 (969 Views)

Hero

@drgrover2 wrote:

@Carbonic I guess my frustration is that the game has the same requirements as Battlefront 2, and I can run that fine. Not at the highest settings, but it runs well enough to play. They didn't even give us the chance to try it here. Appreciate the feedback though. I may just refund through steam and wait a year or two when I upgrade to a desktop. Darn Covid put a hold on my upgrading haha.

The difference is that when Battlefront 2 was released your graphics card was still receiving driver updates.

carbonic signature

Message 44 of 65 (964 Views)

★ Guide

I have the latest Nvidia driver for my 980TI but still crashing after exiting game while playing or at main menue.

Message 45 of 65 (960 Views)

Hero

@YankeeOneSeven wrote:

I have the latest Nvidia driver for my 980TI but still crashing after exiting game while playing or at main menue.

That's a separate issue and not what this thread is about.

carbonic signature

Message 46 of 65 (951 Views)

Re: Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia

★★★★ Novice
@Tukarjabi weird that's the same gpu I have in my dedicated vr rig. Only issue I'm having on there is my Vive is locked at 45fps not 90 like it should be. In pancake mode I'm maxing out 144fps.
Message 47 of 65 (957 Views)

Geforce graphics card driver version issue

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I'm having a launch error come up when trying to play star wars squadrons due to outdated GeForce driver for my GTX770M, how can I update as this graphics card is newer than the minimum card stated in the minimum requirements section for the game? see attached error code.

Thanks for your help in advance. Standard smile

Message 48 of 65 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Carbonic I have the proper 20.9.2 driver from AMD. I have uninstalled drivers in safe mode and reinstalled drivers for my RX 580. Still getting the same error. Last i checked RX 580 is plenty to run this game. Also, looks like EA threw all the posts together into one so it's all a jumbled mess. 

Message 49 of 65 (871 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

TRY THIS SIMPLE TIP TO SOLVE THIS SMALL ISSUE! Just rename a simple file on C:! Please, read carefully.

Hello!

I'm also experiencing this "BIG" issue and I'm just using Nvidia Geforce 880M (so, on a laptop), and driver is "Meant to be played" with Windows and "Game Ready"... and it is, actually.

So, I read a very simple solution on another very famous gaming platform. You can try it out until they fix the problem, but at your own risk if you're not advanced or expert user. If so, proceed VERY carefully.

To play this game, you probably just need to rename a .dll file located in C:/Windows/System32/nvapi64.dll... (rename this nvapi64.dll file into anything else, like "papa"). This is actually an Nvidia library file that you just "shadowed" that way to the rest of the Nvidia processes running... Then close all the windows. Enjoy your new game.

Note: Once the game is launched, cinematics will be running already, like always, and you'll probably have like FPS issues. So you may need to set video options to "full screen" mode (or lower), as soon as possible, if you want cinematics to run almost perfectly afterwards.

Which means this game probably runs with minimum requirements but definitely needs some more fixes to fulfill all promises.

PS: Don't forget to rename that file with initial name (nvapi64) when you play another game! Have fun!

PS2: This solution can of course lead the whole Nvidia system to possibly be unstable at some (late) point of the game (just game crash to desktop due to Nvidia systems crash). But I played all my games without further problem.

Message 50 of 65 (840 Views)