Re: Workaround for latest driver update for unsupported NVIDIA 770M?

by das_spetsnaz

Original Post

Re: AMD Driver issues on Steam

★★★ Novice

Still noone to respond to this issue?

Message 11 of 65 (1,458 Views)

Re: Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here 660 gtx. can't update to the latest driver in GeForce experience. can't force the latest in driver to install either. EA provide some answers please patch or refund???

Message 12 of 65 (1,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PresenceOfMind Same boat, I am using an 870M, cant use the recommended driver as it isnt available to me. Why have 660 listed as minimum if the driver they require isnt supported haha.

Refunding until further notice I guess.
Message 13 of 65 (1,696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

this is ridiculous, my son and I have been waiting for this game from the moment it was announced, now only one of use can play. EA give us some help 

Message 14 of 65 (1,667 Views)

Star Wars Squadrons driver issues

★★★ Novice

I was using 451.48 NVIDIA game ready driver and all games worked well for me. After downloading Star Wars Squadrons it said that I must update my drivers. After doing so, ROBLOX would launch but the video part wasn't working, only independent audio. I tried launching Star Wars Squadrons, but it wouldn't even work at all, the screen was all black. I already tried downloading several drivers, both old and new, and nothing seemed to fix the problem. Any ideas why this would be happening? Please let me know if I can fix this issue somehow!

Message 15 of 65 (1,488 Views)

Re: Star Wars Squadrons driver issues

Hero

You likely need the latest NVIDIA drivers. Some were released just before the game went live.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 16 of 65 (1,456 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I also have trouble with this. My computer is tailored for graphic use, as I work in the design industry. I even have a powerful Radeon graphics card. For some reason the new version of AMD's 20.4.2 driver does not recognize my card as being installed/or valid and refuses to install. The game refuses to play because my driver is too old.

PLEASE tell me there will be a fix for this. I am not skating by on minimum requirements, and and very disappointed to be left behind by a technicality NOT SPECIFIED in the technical documents.

Message 17 of 65 (1,440 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Update: EA considers graphics drivers the user's problem. My support ticket answer was "Install a new Graphics Card." Do not look to official patches, there are not trying to solve the issue.

Message 18 of 65 (1,417 Views)

★★ Novice

Do we know if this is going to be looked in to?

Message 19 of 65 (1,602 Views)

Re: Workaround for latest driver update for unsupported NVIDIA 770M?

★ Apprentice

If it makes you feel better, I have driver 456.55 and I can't even get the game to load. I don't even know what the main menu looks like.

Message 20 of 65 (1,597 Views)