Re: Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia

by lima35

Original Post

Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - Nvidia / AMD

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Good evening,

I've got a GTX 680, higher than game min requirement GTX 660.

I have the latest driver version 425.31. Unfortunately nvidia is not releasing new versions to this video card.

The game is requesting version 451.67 which means the game is impossible to play at current hardware or this cap is a bug.

Can I have some assistance. Should I cancel my purchase or wait for a patch?

MINIMUM:

• Processor: Ryzen 3 1300X or better/i5 6600k or better
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 7850 or better/GeForce GTX 660 or better
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 40 GB available space

Cheers

(changed the title to reflect the issue better) - Atic 

Message 1 of 65 (1,609 Views)

Game wont start: "Please update video driver" - AMD

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So everytime I try to start the game it#s not launching and tells me I need to upgrade my drivers. The problem is the game tells me I need the version 20.4.2 (AMD) or later and I have the version 20.9.1. I've restarted my pc, re-installed the game, tried version 20.4.2, but the game always tells me I need to upgrade my drivers. Has someone an idea?

(changed the title to reflect the issue better) - Atic 

Message 2 of 65 (1,266 Views)

Re: diver update

EA DICE Team
@TDKOM19 What GPU do you have?

/Atic
Message 3 of 65 (1,252 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic I have a rx 580
Message 4 of 65 (1,245 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic I have a similar issue with the Nvidia 770M card. Says to update driver, but I have the latest from Nvida. 425.31 from 4/11/2019. BF2 seems to run fine with it...

Message 5 of 65 (1,219 Views)

Workaround for latest driver update for unsupported NVIDIA 770M?

★ Apprentice

I have a Nvidia GTX 770M card in my laptop. Looks like the latest driver for it is from 2019, 425.31, but the game requires 451.67. The game should be able to run on my laptop; it runs Battlefront 2 with the same requirements fine (at least is did several months ago). Is there a workaround for this? Waited 20 years for a new SW flight sim and was trying to make this laptop last another 1-2 years. 

Message 6 of 65 (1,553 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have been waiting for 27 years for this kind. Laslty i played all "Tie Fighter" and " X Wing" series and i never ever had the same fun with any other space sims.

2 weeks ago, i prepaid and waited patiently and now i see , because of a stupid optimisation issue, on which developers didnt want to deal, i can not play .

I do not have to buy a new laptop, for sure. 

I can play everything, yes on lower modes but i can do it. So, i need a concrete answer.

Should i wait for a patch ?

Or will i refund ?

Simple. Yes or No, pls.

GT 630 M

İ 7

16 GB RAM

HP Paviliion DV7

Message 7 of 65 (1,515 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic Same issue as others. Attached are screenshots of error, driver version and hardware.

Message 8 of 65 (1,160 Views)

AMD Driver issues on Steam

★★★ Novice

Unable to start Squadrons on Steam. Continually gives a driver need update error. Attached are screenshots of the error, driver version and hardware. Everything is updated and yet still cannot play the game.

Message 9 of 65 (1,210 Views)

★ Apprentice

Is this something that will be corrected or do I need to ask for a refund? Seems a bit shady EA publishes minimum requirements and several folks are above that and can't even open the game. 

Message 10 of 65 (1,450 Views)