Game wont go past 60 FPS anymore and Mouse is laggy/stuttery with any movement.

by RevengeAFK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game wont go past 60 FPS anymore and Mouse is laggy/stuttery with any movement.

★ Novice

I've been having major problems with battlefield V ever since I reinstalled it recently. No matter the settings I get less than 60 FPS almost constantly when in a server. My PC is nowhere near bad enough to only be running at that.

My current specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070

SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB

MBD: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7

Even with these specs I can't play the game at anything higher than 60-70 FPS with constant dips lower.

I've never had this issue before and I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the game again. I have no clue what could be causing this issue.

When playing my CPU usage is 90-100% and my GPU usage is around 30%. I've tried ever combination of settings and suggestions and I can't for the life of me figure out why the game isn't working anymore for me.

I don't believe that either my CPU or GPU are overheating, I know that my GPU stays under 80c when playing, either way I can't play long before I quit out so they shouldn't be hot.

On top of the FPS/performance issues, my mouse stutters when moving it in any direction. It jumps every few pixels and causes the game to lag harder. This in turn makes me aim and sensitivity feel like im playing at a much lower FPS - feels like 20-30 when this happens. 

I have a couple videos that I can link of this happening, it isn't a random occurrence though it happens 24/7. The only time the game feels smooth is in the menus, the second i actually play it gets really really bad. 

After tons of testing through the night I have found no solution after trying so many things. 

My drivers are all at the latest, Most recently windows update. I've tried rolling back drivers. I've tried turning settings on and off. I've tried messing with bios settings. I've reinstalled the game 4 different times since this has started and all on different drives and that has done nothing. NOTHING has worked. Before this I was able to comfortably play the game at 100+ FPS 90% of the time, now I can barely break 60-70 and my aim lags all across my screen. This is the only game in which I am experiencing this weird * issue. 

Here is the links to the 2 videos:

https://youtu.be/OJIwSHd67DQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3hWDmpFhFY&feature=youtu.be

PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 7 (923 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game wont go past 60 FPS anymore and Mouse is laggy/stuttery with any moveme

Champion

ey @RevengeAFK did you tried a clean install with DDU? (nvidia drivers). im geting +130fps all ultra with a 2600x, 2x8 3200mhz RAM and a 1080ti.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (854 Views)

All Replies

Re: Game wont go past 60 FPS anymore and Mouse is laggy/stuttery with any moveme

Go into NVIDIA control panel and check your settings since as of 2 patches ago every time that you upgrade your driver it sets everything to the highest graphics in the control panel. The settings that I tweaked are under "Adjust image settings with Preview" I set performance to "balanced" as it was defaulted to quality and under configure surround, PhysX I specified my GPU as the PhysX processor as it was defaulting to autoselect. After changing those my peformance increased.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 7 (913 Views)

★ Novice

Tried this after seeing the reponse and while it felt like it helped a tiny amount the game is still unplayable for me. I can't move my gun around without have severe stuttering and lag. My gun is jumping pixels and the sensitivity isn't consistent. Adding this ontop of the fps issues is making me crazy. I was able to play the game complete fine not even a week ago.

Message 3 of 7 (906 Views)

★ Guide

Hey@RevengeAFK 

I took a look at your videos and as you mentioned,your cpu is at almost 100% and your gpu is at 30% .that means that your cpu can't handle the game and is limiting the gpu.i would recommend reset your bios to the default settings,if you haven't tried out yet,and try playing the game again and see how it goes.

before resetting your bios thy these first.

change to Dx11 and see how it goes.Dx12 drop the fps but not that much as in your case.

I presume you are using win10,check in task manager-performance and check if Hyper V support is Yes or No,should be at YES and how many logical processors are shown,should be 8 for your CPU

Also check your virtual memory management,should be handled automatically by windows.

Message 4 of 7 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I've reset bios already - did nothing. Have changed DX many times back and forth - nothing. Performance shows 8 logical processors but I don't see Hyper V anywhere in that area. How would I go about finding that and the virtual memory management?

Also, why would my CPU be * out now and only on BFV? It never had an issue with the game before. I ran a combo of low and medium with some highs thrown in and always had 90+ fps, normally stayed around 110-120 unless it was really hectic.

Message 5 of 7 (887 Views)

★ Guide
Accessing Windows Virtual Memory settings

Right-click on the My Computer or This PC icon on your Desktop or in File Explorer.
Select Properties.
In the System Properties window, click Advanced System Settings and then click the Advanced tab.
On the Advanced tab, click the Settings button under Performance.
In Performance Options, click the Advanced tab and then click the Change button.

Also in the Nvidia control panel go to manage 3d settings/global settings and change to ON the Thread optimization option
Message 6 of 7 (866 Views)

Champion

ey @RevengeAFK did you tried a clean install with DDU? (nvidia drivers). im geting +130fps all ultra with a 2600x, 2x8 3200mhz RAM and a 1080ti.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (855 Views)