Re: Game wont Launch - System Requirements

by Simmo11

Original Post

Game wont Launch - System Requirements

★★ Novice

Hi All,

I have downloaded the game on steam but when i click on red Alert the game doesnt launch. I verified the files on Steam and says there are two files missing.

I am just wondering maybe my laptop doesnt meet minimum requirements, this is my system info:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-856U CPU  @1.80GHZ 1.99 GHZ

Installed Ram: 8.00 GB (7.81 USABLE)

System Type; 64 bit operating system, x64 based processor

Edition: Windows 10

Version: 1903

Built: 23/10?2019

Sorry i am not very computer savy, i only purchased my laptop last years and assumed it would be fine, i loved the old C and C games, played them when i was much younger so was excited to play this so much,

Any help be much appreciated, thank you

Message 1 of 8 (955 Views)

Hero

@Simmo11 

What graphics card do you have?

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 8 (918 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry not very computer savy, have gone to check and it gives me i think two options. It says GPU0 is Intel(R) UHG Graphics 620 and the GPU1 is NVIDIA GEFORCE MX250, have updated the NVIDIA and still the same problem exist game just wont launch. Any help be much appreciated, cheers

Message 3 of 8 (897 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

Just had another look, this looks like the correct info - NVIDIA GeForce MX250 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory

Many thanks

Message 4 of 8 (894 Views)

★★ Novice

Any help/advice would be much appreciated, thanks

Message 5 of 8 (828 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Simmo11
It doesn't sound like that would be enough for the game. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Graphics Card is not powerful enough.

I use a GTX 1070. See the bellow information, that should help.

Desktop graphics cards with DirectX 11 support
NVIDIA GTX 460 and above.
NVIDIA GTX 550 and above.
NVIDIA GTX 650 and above.
NVIDIA GTX 740 and above.
NVIDIA GTX 940 and above.
NVIDIA GTX 1000-series.
All NVIDIA RTX cards.
All NVIDIA Titan cards.

Search of Google: graphics cards with DirectX 11 Support

I hope this helps.

Edited Post:

I just noticed, your CPU is a Laptop CPU. This may present problems for you.

Message 6 of 8 (824 Views)

Hero
@zoolex MX250 supports DX12, and has 2GB of RAM... that seems to meet the main requirements.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 7 of 8 (781 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you both for your replies. Yeah i did check and said it supports DX12. Not sure what else to try as whatever i try it doesnt lauch on Steam and on Origin it wont launch and says there is a problem with your games setup, please reinstall your game. Shame i can get it to work as was so looking forward to playing the game.

Message 8 of 8 (752 Views)