Game won't start... at all... (PC)

by Scroungee

Original Post

Re: Game won't start (PC)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry i saw that and update it but still no luck...
Message 11 of 33 (783 Views)

Community Manager

@chrisct78gr 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the article below? If you haven't uninstalled the Origin client and re-downloaded the latest version from the site, try that too before launching.

It's very possible some programs running in the background can conflict with the game successfully launching. Try a clean boot and then immediately run Origin as administrator before launching again. A clean boot temporarily closes down all non-Microsoft essential programs needed to run your PC.

Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates too.

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 33 (755 Views)

Re: Game won't start... at all... (PC)

★★★★ Novice

I also have the same problem plus i tried to live chat with EA 3 times but it was pointless because they were giving me the same obvious answers. The game just needs an update from the developers or i should say a hotfix. I was super excited to play and now i have this problem and its so sad that i spent 30€ for a game that doesnt even launch

Message 13 of 33 (740 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry I've never had a good comp and i have run like more than 10 games with below min requirements. I've never head of such * like "u cant play cuz ur CPU is old". THAT HAS NOTHING I SAY NOTHING to do with the game not * launching at all. At least one black screen would * pop-up. At least my CPU would go to 100% usage for a second which it did NOT (max was like a mere 50%). Just try to fix the * problem cuz a "CLeAn B0oT and Re-InStAlL OrIGin" doesnt * work...

Message 14 of 33 (693 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry i tried it but still nothing
Message 15 of 33 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

SAME Game won't start... at all !

first computer ! all ok !

Gigabyte x570 aorus master

AMD Ryzen3700X

32gb ram 3200MHz

gigabyte RX480 8GB ( OC )

BUT !!!

my other computer the game won't start... at all........

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 R5

AMD FX8370

16GB ram 1866MHz

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 570 4GB

WHY ??? :P
Message 16 of 33 (660 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry I noticed that the majority of people with RADEON graphics cards are unable to launch the game. Like me i have the rx460 GPU and i cant even launch it there is a problem with the game or something you just have to fix it with new update its so frustrating

Message 17 of 33 (649 Views)

Community Manager

@fruzz838  @ECTCKanellos  @chrisct78gr 

When you try to launch the game what exactly happens? When you open up task manager do you see the game under your processes?

Please attach a DxDiag to your response if you haven't already so we can get the information over to the team for investigation.

If you've attempted any troubleshooting steps, please list them.

Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 33 (623 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry  Start the game from origin (with task manager open) so the anti-cheat window shows both on screen and task manager. On the task manager it shows that the anti-cheat window and COM Surrogate are open in main proccess. After the anti-cheat window loads nothing else shows up on screen. On the task manager tho a program for PVZ actually does show up but it just stays there like 3 seconds, moves to background process (all three programms) and after another 5 seconds it just closes itself entirely as i have never started the game in first place and sometimes it takes me back to the origin launcher on the play button for the game.

Message 19 of 33 (606 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

1.double click on icon,

2.easy anticheap open

3.black windows open

4.game won't start

5. back to the origin launcher on the play button for the game.

on my other system with gigabyte aorus x570 master and ryzen 3700X and rx 480 all ok ! ....

Message 20 of 33 (603 Views)