Re: Game won't start after upgrading to win10

by m00nm4n777

Original Post

Game won't start after upgrading to win10

★ Novice

As the title says. After upgrading from Win7 to win10 game won't start.

I have a back screen followed by it vanishing and nothing happening.

I uninstalled origin and the game itself. reinstalled them both and still nothing.

My nvidia is up tp date.

Can any1 help?

Message 1 of 6 (326 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @Grimmjjow83 what I notice in many games after doing win 7 to win 10 upgrade that they did not work so I reinstalled most of them solved for me. Se if it works for you to.

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (305 Views)

★ Novice

Hey mate, tnks for the reply but as i stated in the last sentence. I reinstalled both origin and BF2 and it didn't work...Frown

Message 3 of 6 (295 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

if you have an nVidia card, try this:

Go into Nvidia Control Panel, on the Adjust Desktop Size and Position page, under "Perform Scaling on Display", change "Aspect Ratio" to "No Scaling".

Message 4 of 6 (285 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @Grimmjjow83I tottaly missed that part, sorry. 

Do you get a screen that it starts up or nothing happens? 

Try clearing Origin cache and clean boot your system. 

How to clear Origin cache: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

How to cleanboot: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

/Atic 

Message 5 of 6 (270 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@Grimmjjow83

To run Star Wars Battlefront II you need at least driver version 382.33 or newer. Update your driver to that version and try again. It is highly recommended that you completely uninstall your old drivers and do a clean install of the latest ones. If you know how to perform that task, that may clear up the video issue, if indeed you are experiencing one. 

Another is to also check if you can extend your virtual memory (the windows page file). By default the Windows OS sets hard drive space in the amount of 150% of your RAM to be allocated and reserved for Virtual Memory.

I hope this helps

Message 6 of 6 (257 Views)