Re: Game won't start. Says I'm offline even though I'm not

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Game won't start. Says I'm offline even though I'm not

★★★ Novice

I keep getting this error saying "We've noticed your computer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your EA account you'll need to connect to the internet" every time I try to launch the game. The Easy Anti Cheat loading screen would load up and then  this error pops up.

Origin functions as normal and I do not show up as offline on Origin. Any help?

P.S. It seems that this error only occurs with newly installed games during their activation stage as I got this same error when trying to launch the Battlefield V Beta. However, older games that were already installed and played before still work like BF4. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,013 Views)

Message 2 of 7 (1,991 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thanks for the reply. I tried your method without uninstalling the redistributables but the problem still persists.
Message 3 of 7 (1,975 Views)

★★ Novice
bro did u find the solution to your problem.if you have found the solution pls
help me also i'm facing the same problem.
Message 4 of 7 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Novice

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found a solution. I asked EA support but they just gave me the same old troubleshooting tips which didn't work. Also tried flushing DNS but to no avail. If anyone has a solution, please help

Message 5 of 7 (1,907 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@kllutzyI’m having the same issue, only origin and epic launchers both fail for me specifically gtaV 

Message 6 of 7 (1,533 Views)

Community Manager

Hey there. 

Since this is a really old thread that hasn't been updated for quite some time I went ahead and locked it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please create a new thread and we'll take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 7 (1,509 Views)