by DonCornholium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't load

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug after the update for giants shadow, the game hangs and won't even load to the main window. Just a black screen with press shift f1 on it the image seams to be frozen when pressing alt tab or any key to go to windows the game updates the image but is still frozen (the game still works and makes sounds in backround exept the image in broken/frozen ).using the windowed mode seams to work but the bug still persists if going back to full screen in game or in geforce experience
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start the game
What happens when the bug occurs? game does not load
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx960 2gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug after the update for giants shadow, the game hangs and won't even load to the main window. Just a black screen with press shift f1 on it the image seams to be frozen when pressing alt tab or any key to go to windows the game updates the image but is still frozen (the game still works and makes sounds in backround exept the image in broken/frozen ).using the windowed mode seams to work but the bug still persists if going back to full screen in game or in geforce experience
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? start the game
What happens when the bug occurs? game does not load
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number gtx960 2gb
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16gb

After this last update the game will not load even to the main selection windows I just get a black screen and a hung status wheel at the top right and the Press Shift F1 at the bottom right.

Message 1 of 6 (975 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't load

Community Manager

@DonCornholium Hi, can you try a repair if you're still seeing this? You can get this option if you right-click the game panel in origin. 

If the issue persists can you try deleting your settings file? It should create new settings from a default template. 

If you go to My Documents\Battlefield 1\settings, can you try moving PROFSAVE_Profile to another location, the desktop is usually the best location.

Then start the game up and see if the issue persists? If so, you can move the file back to its original location. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,036 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DonCornholium Hi, can you try a repair if you're still seeing this? You can get this option if you right-click the game panel in origin. 

If the issue persists can you try deleting your settings file? It should create new settings from a default template. 

If you go to My Documents\Battlefield 1\settings, can you try moving PROFSAVE_Profile to another location, the desktop is usually the best location.

Then start the game up and see if the issue persists? If so, you can move the file back to its original location. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you, it works for me ! Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (931 Views)

Community Manager

Wonderful, thanks for coming back. Can I check which step worked, if you're still around? I'd like to see whether to zone in on the repair or the settings file reset if we see such issues in future. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 6 (915 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_David Hello sorry for late response but as of today 20.12.2016 the issue still persists if i launch the game in full screen and launching in borderwindow and then setting in full seams to fix it,while deleting the setting seams to do the job i found the launching the game in full and in lower video setting also fix it ,hope this help other player 

Message 5 of 6 (878 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here. If i delete all the Save file information it will boot in, but the porblem will happen again the 2nd time i try to relaunch.

In short i have to delete all Save information if i want the game to load

Win 10 64 bit

3 monitors (played on 1)

6600k OC 4.4Ghz

1060 GTX 6 GB

16gb DDR4

Message 6 of 6 (861 Views)