Re: Game won't launch.

by Zoticus77

Original Post

Game won't launch.

★ Novice

Game won't launch.

I click 'Start Trial', it syncs up with the cloud and then... nothing.

Tried restarting, tried repairing game, waited an hour for EA's direct chat (nobody answered), I've added it as an exception in my firewall, I don't have any extra antivirus, and I disconnected extra monitors.

Message 1 of 8 (786 Views)

★★★ Expert

First make sure your computer can run the game.

• Processor (AMD): AMD FX-6350.
  • Processor (Intel): Core i5 6600K.
  • Memory: 8GB RAM.
  • Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB.
  • Graphics card (Nvidia): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB.
  • DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent.

Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. It's a new game and, that usually means new drivers.

Message 2 of 8 (777 Views)

★ Novice

I really appreciate the speedy response. Anyways, my PC more than meets minimum specs and I just updated my drivers but unfortunately, the game still won't launch.

Message 3 of 8 (770 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, perhaps if you post a link to your dxdiag it'll help to figure out what's wrong. 

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

It might also be worth checking for error/crash reports for the game on your reliability monitor. 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (766 Views)

★ Novice

Hey thanks for the reply, anyways I attached the dxdiag thing and the crash report.

Message 5 of 8 (759 Views)

★★★ Expert

Seem there is a problem with your CPU (Processor) It isn't identified in your DXDIAG report.

Processor: n/a (4 CPUs)

That can be one of two problems, either Windows, in which case a system file repair or, system restore may fix it. So try the file repair first. Use the System File Checker to repair Windows System Files.

If that fails do a system restore.

I do hope one of those fixes it for you but in case it doesn't -

It can less often be a driver problem with other drivers or your BIOS, both of which you need to get form the manufacturer of your computer or, of your processor.

Message 6 of 8 (752 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had this same problem and tried absolutely everything. I finally got it working by going to where it was installed Origin Games>Battlefield 1 and right clicking Bf1trial.exe, click properties and go to the Compatibility tab, tick Run this program in compatibility mode for: and choose Windows 8.

The game finally started but it was in windowed mode, just press alt+enter to maximise.

Message 7 of 8 (701 Views)

★★ Novice

I had possibly the same issue. I could see BF1 program start in task manager then crash after about 10 seconds (after clicking 'more details')

My solution was to go to my game directory (\Origin\Battlefield1\), right clicked on the exe file, select 'properties', went to 'Compatability' tab and put a checkmark next to 'run as administrator'.

Message 8 of 8 (672 Views)