Re: Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

by EA_David

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't launch after using frosty mod manager

★★ Novice
So the game was working perfectly fine and I decided to try some mods. Installed the frosty mod manager got about 8 or so mods and tried to launch, and the game never popped up on the screen. In origin the play button was invisible though and activation ui.exe was in the task manager. I've already tried everything like repairing game, deleting exes and then repairing, safe boot, etc. The only thing that seemed to work was reinstalling the game. I really want to play with the mods and I'm really confused why the game won't work after using the mod manager
Message 1 of 41 (148,644 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Kobranz  @CC5O5O @rfields99

Try this:

• Go to your game directory (Normally at ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Andromeda" and delete the "bcrypt.dll" file and the "ModData" folder.
  • Then go to your "FrostyModManager\ThirdParty" folder and delete the "bcrypt.dll".
  • reboot
  • test the game.

If the game works after you did this you can try to re-download the "bcrypt.dll" from the nexusmods page of the Mod Manager (important) and put it in the same folders as mentioned above. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson

View in thread

Message 7 of 41 (159,614 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, you can try adding the mods one by one, and see if there's a particular mod or combination of mods that's leading to the issue. 

Unfortunately adding a bunch at once can lead to problems, so adding them piecemeal is the best way to go.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 41 (148,556 Views)

★★ Novice
Cant even launch it without mods, since i installed FrostyModManager it wont start T^T
Message 3 of 41 (147,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I Had The Same problem

Message 4 of 41 (147,751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_David

"Hey, you can try adding the mods one by one, and see if there's a particular mod or combination of mods that's leading to the issue. "

Its not mod/s. You are searching in wrong direction. Look at topic below. Many users like me never had mods just first fresh install Andromeda and we cant start it either !! 

(I dont have ANY mods managers installed on my computer) . Try to focus on the root problem (your foulty last path probably) - not mods. Its shame that problem exist from last year!! Almost one year and still not resolved Can anybody imagine that ?

Message 5 of 41 (147,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Szybki_Mis;  Errrr...  @EA_David wasn't the one with the problem.

And this topic is specifically for problems when using the Frosty Mod Manager.

As for the game not starting for you, do you have AVG or Avast anti-virus?

Message 6 of 41 (147,713 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Kobranz  @CC5O5O @rfields99

Try this:

• Go to your game directory (Normally at ">drive<:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Andromeda" and delete the "bcrypt.dll" file and the "ModData" folder.
  • Then go to your "FrostyModManager\ThirdParty" folder and delete the "bcrypt.dll".
  • reboot
  • test the game.

If the game works after you did this you can try to re-download the "bcrypt.dll" from the nexusmods page of the Mod Manager (important) and put it in the same folders as mentioned above. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 7 of 41 (159,615 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
You saved me! Thank you
Message 8 of 41 (145,773 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you so much.. was worried I was gonna have to do the full 40 gb install...i had the same issue as the guy who made the thread...thank you for the time saver
Message 9 of 41 (145,414 Views)

★★ Novice

i can not find the bcrypt file im supposed to download and put in the folders mentioned above. would you please give me the link or explain where to find them? i am using frosty for battlefront 2

Message 10 of 41 (129,748 Views)