Re: Game won't launch. No error message.

by TheDarkCenturion

Original Post

Game won't launch. No error message.

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey, I tried to launch the game today morning as usual via Origin. However, it won't launch. 
After I click "play", a small loading screen appears and closes after a few seconds, bringing me back to Origin. 

All my drivers are up to date.
I reinstalled Origin.
I verified the game files. 
Apex Legends works fine.

My Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 190628-1650. 

Intel Core i7-9700k @ 5GHZ
MSI RTX 2070
16GB Ram 3200 GHZ

Find my DxDiag report attached.

Is this a game problem or, what I expect, Windows version Problem? 

Thx for help.

Message 1 of 5 (661 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Penguiin1337  hello,

Have you tried to run a clean boot on your PC and use CCleaner to fix existing issues on your pc ? 

https://help.ea.com/tr/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-use-ccleaner-to-fix-pc-issues/

Please check that and after that try to launch the game.

Message 2 of 5 (639 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey,

thanks for your reply.

I reinstalled the game in the meantime, the problem still occurs. 

Since last time I played the game to now, I didn't change anything in my system, except installing a new Windows Insider Preview and Updating BFV. That's all.
I didn't do any updates, driver updates or system other changes. Furthermore, other games run normally. 

"Cleaning" my computer didn't work, as I expected. Why should it - CCleaner is deleting temporary files and overall I wouldn't recommend this tool anyway.
Clean boot didn't do the trick as well.

Going to update to a newer Windows version now. It might be that, or I roll back to a stable version. However, since I bought the game I was on Insider Previews. 

Greetz

Message 3 of 5 (629 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i have this, absolutely nothing works. welcome, my friend, to never playing this failure of a AAA game ever again. As much as i'd like to, and as much as I'd like to get my ToW rewards, I never will again with the way the game does not heckin launch. A month i've suffered with this, and nobody official has come forward to either fix it, say they're looking into it, or even give me some sort of thing for suffering with their crap :/ 

Message 4 of 5 (593 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello,

I pinned down the problem to Directx 12. 

How? I tried starting BFV with compatible mode (Windows 8) and yes, It started. However, when browsing through the options I noticed DX 12 slider was not there.
So I searched the internet for how to bring back directx 12. You can actually go to User_>documents-> bfv -> settings. There u find PROSAVVE_profile. if you open that with ur notepad, you can enable directx 12 manually. Okay, started the game again. Directx 12 Option was back, enabled it, had to restart the game and boom, the game doesn't start! 

You can try it and see whats happening with ur game. 

Guess I keep directx 12 disabled then? Dont know ... I ahd no problem playing with dx12 before. 

Message 5 of 5 (548 Views)