Re: Cannot insall the update file. Need for Speed in PS4

by r0ch3y87

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't install on Playstation 4 - Data corruption error msg - help!

★★★ Novice

Game won't install on Playstation 4 - Data corruption error message received, deleted game and tried to re-install as directed and received the same corrupted data error message. Help!

When I placed the Need for Speed disc into my PlayStation 4 for the first time, I waited for the downloading update file that was available to install and then selected 'start' from the PS4 main menu and it began the installation process. I noticed that the install time went slowly, and then appeared to become stuck at 97.9% complete (I know!) and the disc drive device on the PS4 can be heard cycling through, as if it was desperately trying to read the disc ( see screenshot attached)

I let it sit, hoping the last 2.1% left to install would just happen, however eventually I returned to the PS4 main menu (via the 'PS' button) and closed the game using the options button/menu to close the game manually. This stopped the disc reading noises (which up until Need For Speed I had not heard before from my PS4).  I cleaned the disc, re-inserted it into the PS4 and this led to another long period of hearing the disc drive attempt to read the disc, and eventually see the error message that says the data is corrupted, and to remove the disc, delete the game, and try to re-install. Which I did numerous times, with no success.

So at this point, even if I got a replacement disc, I wonder if the 'corrupted data' will still be on my PS4 (remember, deleting the game and re-installing produced the same results, on one of these attempts I put the PS4 into rest mode after deleting it once, then re-started the system (the 'have you tried turning it on and off again' IT Crowd strategy) and the game still cannot be played.

I was an eager participant in last month's NFS 'Closed Beta'  (which I still have on my PS4) and I want to just play the game!!

Please help provide any insights you can share, thanks!

- PurplePest13 (PSN member) / [edit: email address removed] /

Message 1 of 11 (38,902 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't install on Playstation 4 - Data corruption error msg - help!

EA DICE Team

@merstains

You can try the steps outlined in this troubleshooting thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-ME-FIRST-NFS-Basic-Troubleshooting/td-p/4908815

Since previous user posts in this topic confirmed that the issue did not seem to be related to the disc, I would advise to contact Sony to see if this issue could be related to your console.

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (57,961 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

UPDATE - Tried to get game started again this morning, and now I receive Error code - "CE-32921-7" - which according to the Sony PlayStation forum site means "the disc cannot be played"

(see link -

https://support.us.playstation.com/scea_searchresults?lang=en_US&selStr=CE-32921-7)

not sure what to do, except maybe send it back to Amazon for a refund?

ugh.

: (

Message 2 of 11 (38,876 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE -

Okay, so it's been a week since my pre-ordered copy of the Deluxe edition of Need for Speed arrived, which has turned into seven days of frustration trying to get the game to install with no success.

And as no one from Sony or EA have responded at all let alone with any kind of working solution, I am giving up. I am returning my copy to Amazon for a full refund, Which really is too bad as all I wanted to do was play the game.

: (

At least the Need for Speed Closed Beta was fun...  (and I am praying I don't encounter any problems when my pre-ordered copy of Star Wars Battlefront arrives next week!)

Message 3 of 11 (38,840 Views)

Community Manager

@PurplePest1

Can you please try the steps at this link: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/license.html

Then restart your console and retry the game.

Please let us know whether this works or not, thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 11 (38,834 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Barry -

Thank you for responding to my post about the 'data corruption' error when I try to install the 'Deluxe edition' of the new Need For Speed game on my PS4.

I tried the solution you proposed (restoring the licenses via the PS4 settings menu / tools) and sadly, the 'data corruption' error persists.

What I have learned is that I'm not the only one with this problem, and other users (such as PSN member -  'xDr_Trololox' ) who contacted me saying they had the same problem, but as they got their copy of the game from Walmart, which apparently does not do refunds on games, is now stuck ('xDr_Trololox'  said they have tried at least two different copies / discs of the game with the same errors that I've described).  Perhaps EA can find a way to help them too ?

As I've already sunk hours of frustration trying different things to work around this issue (as I really want to play the game!) I am giving up for now, and have already requested a refund for the game from Amazon. That said, I'm willing to try any other solutions until the UPS person arrives to pick up the game to send back to Amazon today (Wednesday Nov 11).

If EA or Sony can find an actual fix / work around, I'd be up for trying again sometime (I've played almost every NFS game in the past 15 years, and it's a real disappointment not being able to play this one!!). I just got the 'platinum trophy' (for completing all other challenges) in NFS Rivals, so I'm not sure what to do (except pray that when my pre-ordered copy of Star Wars Battlefront arrives next week it doesn't have any problems like this new NFS does...

a disappointed and discouraged driver, - Purple Pest

Message 5 of 11 (38,830 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I THE_GHOST-23 also have this problem I tried your solution I even rebuilt my database as requested by EA and it is safe to say this did not work
Message 6 of 11 (38,795 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hello I'm very interested and excited to play this game but I am having same problem please help
Message 7 of 11 (38,697 Views)

EA DICE Team

@merstains

You can try the steps outlined in this troubleshooting thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/READ-ME-FIRST-NFS-Basic-Troubleshooting/td-p/4908815

Since previous user posts in this topic confirmed that the issue did not seem to be related to the disc, I would advise to contact Sony to see if this issue could be related to your console.

Message 8 of 11 (57,962 Views)

Cannot insall the update file. Need for Speed in PS4

★★★ Newbie

Attempts to application update as the first time to launch after i bought the Need for Speed in PS4.

After downloding the update file and i have the error message Aplication update - Cannot insall the update file. ( cannot install version 1.08)

how to resolve this?

Message 9 of 11 (22,009 Views)

Re: Cannot insall the update file. Need for Speed in PS4

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue, any chance you've fixed the problem if so how did you do it? I'm getting to the point where I wanna smash the console... there aren't many games I'll play and need for speed is one that I will
Message 10 of 11 (17,219 Views)