Game won't Launch

by GeneralVeersX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game won't Launch

★★★ Novice
The game crashes every time I try to run it.  I see error code 0xC0000005 (The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.) in the crash dumps.

Nothing that I've tried has helped:

- disable fullscreen optimisations

- run as administrator

- shortcut with -window parameter

- disable g-sync

- fully update graphics drivers and Windows OS

- check file integrity via Steam

- reinstall on another drive

- move installation to program files to gain access to more permissions

- fully enable permissions for all sources in properties > security tab

- change screen resolution to 1920x1080, set scaling to 100%

- reinstall Steam

- verify it is allowed through Windows Defender

- disable VPN

- specify install directory in "working directory" section of Easy Anti-Cheat settings
Message 1 of 6 (5,519 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game won't Launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I resolved this issue.

My PC has four GTX 1070s, two of which are in SLI.  I had previously tried disabling SLI and/or the non-SLI'd GPUs in NVIDIA settings for Squadrons without success.

What worked was disabling the non-SLI'd GPUs in Device Manager.  This resolved all the problems.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (5,353 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I've spent hours trying to get this working, but still nothing.  Could anyone help?

Message 2 of 6 (5,441 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @GeneralVeersX I see that you tried a good amount of steps. Please try doing clean boot to see if there are any programs messing with the game.

Let me know if that worked Standard smile

EA_Joz

Joz.png
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey! If a post Answered your question, please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Want to learn more on how to level-up and become a Hero for the AHQ? Learn more about it here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#ranks
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6 (5,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Joz,

I tried clean boot (as well as some of the items I listed earlier while in the clean boot), but it didn't help.

The clean boot link mentions uploading MSInfo if clean boot doesn't work, so I've attached a copy of mine to this post. 

Thanks!

Message 4 of 6 (5,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I resolved this issue.

My PC has four GTX 1070s, two of which are in SLI.  I had previously tried disabling SLI and/or the non-SLI'd GPUs in NVIDIA settings for Squadrons without success.

What worked was disabling the non-SLI'd GPUs in Device Manager.  This resolved all the problems.

Message 5 of 6 (5,354 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having a similar issue. Mass Effect Legendary Edition on my pc, through steam. I played through the entire 1st game, and 10-20hrs of the second game before it stopped launching! The launcher for the games will start, and I can click to start the game, but it just acts like its loading, and then crashes and goes back to the launcher. I tried basically ever solution I could find on the web. Any ideas? Thank you!!

Message 6 of 6 (5,064 Views)