Re: Game will not load on PS4, black screen

by Luke12Lynch

Original Post

Game will not load on PS4, black screen

★★★ Newbie

I bought Star Wars Squadrons for PS4 from the store.  I loaded the game from the disk.  When I try to open the game, I will get a "connecting menu" then it will change to a black screen and nothing happens.  I've tried deleting the game off the console and reloading it again.  Except I still keep getting just a black screen. 

Message 1 of 3 (1,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Hairy_Love_07007I have a similar problem on Xbox One X--I see the game icon fill up the screen and the screen goes black after about 5 seconds...I got it to work fine yesterday, somehow, and now it won't go at all...

EDIT: Tried re-downloading digitally, and tried moving the game apps between storage media, and still no luck...What's worse, three more games in my library now have the same problem...

Message 2 of 3 (957 Views)

EA DICE Team

hey @Hairy_Love_07007   could you try to power cycle the console and see if that help.s 

Power cycle the PS4 system

1. Completely turn off the PS4 by holding the power button.
  2. Wait for the power light to stop flashing, then remove the power cable and leave the PS4 system for 20 minutes.
  3. Reconnect the PS4 system and turn it on.

Same to you @Luke12Lynch 

How to power cycle Xbox: 

1. Turn off your console by pressing the Xbox button  on the front of the console for about 10 seconds, until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.
  3. Important Make sure that you wait at least 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.
  4. Plug the console power cable back in.
  5. Press the Xbox button  on your console to turn it on.

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 3 of 3 (933 Views)