Re: Game will not launch - thrown back to Origin

by silver-elie

Original Post

Game will not launch - thrown back to Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi guys

So, I'm new to all this so apologies right away if this is already posted somewhere else and I haven't seen it!

I recently bought Command & Conquer Remastered and everything was running great. Then, 2 days into playing it, I got the Petroglyph Crash report that I've seen mentioned quite a few times on these forums and the game would only launch to a black screen and spinning wheel (I got the graphic load-up to choose which title I wanted to play and it went to black screen after my choice).

Now, however, I don't even get that! I can choose my title and then I am automatically thrown back to the Origin launcher page for the game....even if it's not open at the time!

Spec list - Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Memory - 16gb 3200

Graphics - MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X 6GB  

Windows 10 pro   Build 1909

I've only just got back into PC gaming very recently so not very savvy yet when it comes to all this sort of stuff so any help or ideas you could throw my way would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5 (760 Views)

Hero

@mike_the_spartan wrote:

I've only just got back into PC gaming very recently so not very savvy yet when it comes to all this sort of stuff so any help or ideas you could throw my way would be great!

In that case... have you updated all your drivers? That can make quite a difference.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 2 of 5 (714 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, all my drivers are up to date. I'm now using a work around where I run the game directly from the install folder and have compatibility set to Windows 8. This will not allow operation from within Origin however and doesn't always allow the game to run at every launch. I'm basically playing the lottery each time I launch as to whether the game will run!

Any other ideas as to a permanent fix?

Message 3 of 5 (675 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same problem

Crashes on Launcher. plays the media and all, but when i start a game or whatever, crashes there.  

Has this been solved? 

Message 4 of 5 (637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having same issue -- I get to choose the game, and it appears to be launching, I get a black screen briefly, and then it goes to white acreen.  I have to use Task Manager to close the program.  

Message 5 of 5 (509 Views)