Game will not launch, also no settings folder

by Ondiis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game will not launch, also no settings folder

★★ Novice

Just bought the SW BF2. After download and after pressing Play in Origin (or through GeForce or .exe file) the game will not launch. Only the launch window pops up for a few secs and Origin opens again.

Its similar problem as https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/SW-BF2-will-not-launch-missing-settings-files-and-folders...

I guess I tried all the following - reinstall, repair, put some settings folder in my documents .. nothing worked.

In STAR WARS Battlefront II documents I have these folders only - _Installer, Core, Data, Patch, Scripts, Support and I just added settings folder (without  "GstRender.ShadowQuality" line).

Any advice guys?

Message 1 of 13 (4,139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game will not launch, also no settings folder

EA DICE Team

Good meme, but honest work! @Ondiis 

Drivers looks nice, just a note your CPU is just below the minimum requirements for SWBF2. 

Could you try to do a new windows user on the PC and then try to start SWBF2 after it. 

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (3,912 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Ondiis, lets-start with some basic items to see if we can find any work around, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with SWBF2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 13 (4,116 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Atic, sadly no change. Tried both ideas Oops

Message 3 of 13 (4,031 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the update @Ondiis

Can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you are using. Standard smile 

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 4 of 13 (4,001 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  sending it as attachment. "insert it ain't much but it's honest work meme"

Message 5 of 13 (3,966 Views)

EA DICE Team

Good meme, but honest work! @Ondiis 

Drivers looks nice, just a note your CPU is just below the minimum requirements for SWBF2. 

Could you try to do a new windows user on the PC and then try to start SWBF2 after it. 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 13 (3,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Atic Hello I have gtx 1650 and i5 9400f when i start game it start 1920x1080 and my monitor max resolution is 1366x768 and i dont have settings file i just need settings file then i put it on my documents this problem would get fixed
Message 7 of 13 (2,557 Views)

EA DICE Team
@EminBro if settings file is not being made then its something else blocking SWBF2 from starting.

/Atic
Message 8 of 13 (2,393 Views)

★ Novice

so how do we get the settings file

Message 9 of 13 (2,012 Views)

★ Novice
Message 10 of 13 (2,011 Views)