Game vanishes after loading

by Gokkster

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Game vanishes after loading

★★★★ Apprentice

So everything works fine until i start a game. It loads, optimising shaders, then just POOF vanishes into nothing. There's no error, no crash, nothing - the game just disappears and i'm staring at the desktop.

It worked fine before. What gives?

Ryzen 3600, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 1080p, borderless, everything maxed

Message 1 of 13 (947 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Game vanishes after loading

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AticWanted to use DX12, had to downgrade to DX11.

Works for now, any idea when DX12 gets fixed?

View in thread

Message 6 of 13 (786 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice
@Gokkster having similiar issue my game freezes in menu then black screen and poof im back with origin client
Message 2 of 13 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Gokkster I have this problem on an RTX2080 and an I7-8700k 16gb ram. everything maxed.... single player sometimes loads but normally it will load but if i join a multiplayer game it closes no error nothing. Or from the single player it will load but if finishes a mission it insta closes nothing on screen no error
Message 3 of 13 (868 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I had to lower the graphics so this doesn't happen, but maxing it out doesn't work Frown

Message 4 of 13 (844 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Gokkster are you using Dx 11 or 12?

/Atic
Message 5 of 13 (806 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_AticWanted to use DX12, had to downgrade to DX11.

Works for now, any idea when DX12 gets fixed?

Message 6 of 13 (787 Views)

★★ Novice

had this too... running an i7 8750 with an RTX2070 & 32gb ram on an AsusROG STrix GW704... All latest drivers and whatnot...
Never had issues with any game except this one. Cant get past the level loading screen with the status bar... gets to the end then just dies exactly as previously described...

Some posts suggest to use DX11 and not DX12 but how does one go about configuring EPIC launcher or even this game to use DX11 ???
Ive tried using differnt ways of launching but it does the same thing, regardless of launch method...

Any suggestions are appreciated

Message 7 of 13 (715 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic had this too... running an i7 8750 with an RTX2070 & 32gb ram on an AsusROG STrix GW704... All latest drivers and whatnot...
Never had issues with any game except this one. Cant get past the level loading screen with the status bar... gets to the end then just dies exactly as previously described...

Some posts suggest to use DX11 and not DX12 but how does one go about configuring EPIC launcher or even this game to use DX11 ???
Ive tried using different ways of launching but it does the same thing, regardless of launch method...

Any suggestions are appreciated
Message 8 of 13 (714 Views)

EA DICE Team
You can change it in the settings folder under SWBF2 document @PadreousMaximus

First time launching the game or?

/Atic
Message 9 of 13 (653 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Thanks for that info and yes mate, never launched this one before. Using Epic launcher as they have a great ongoing promo offering free games every now and then.
Had this in my library for nearly a year but been too busy to even sneeze.

I'll suss out the config file as I had EA support suggest something similar.
Any suggestions on what i need to change and how to change it??
Im still clueless with all that... LOL
Message 10 of 13 (644 Views)