AMD or Nvidia Model Number Radeon RX 480 8GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Main Origin game library
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? n/a
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/28/2020
Summarize your bug Went to download an update for Battlefield V says I can't play or download it because I'm running an out of date version of windows (pre 8) yet I'm running the latest of Windows 10 Not running any comparability modes.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I get an error message saying I have pre Windows 7.6 and need to update it but I have windows 10
What should be happening instead? My game should update and I should be able to play it

Went to download an update for Battlefield V says I can't play or download it because I'm running an out of date version of windows (pre 8) yet I'm running the latest of Windows 10

Not running any comparability modes.

This just occurred have played Battlefield V many times before in previous months

All other origin games are updating properly

Message 1 of 2 (260 Views)

Re: Game update download won't work game thinks I'm running out of date Windows

Community Manager

Hey @ROE_Hobbie

It's definitely strange that it's only happening with BFV. Usually that error comes up when Origin is looking for a system file and is having trouble finding it. 

When you have a chance can you try running the Windows System File Checker to see if that helps at all? If there's a missing or corrupted file that might help fix this. You can find more info on how to run it over at the Microsoft Support Website. Let me know how that goes when you have a chance. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 2 (233 Views)