Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Game unplayable - Save Game Error-Insufficient space for chapter save.

by firerobot542

Original Post

Highlighted

Game unplayable - Save Game Error-Insufficient space for chapter save.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Save Game Error - Insufficient space for chapter save. 3.00MB required.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Happening since the last patch
Which single-player mode are you playing? New Game+ (available after completion).
Please select your region
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds.
What company provides your internet service?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Please enter memory size in GB.

Ever since I downloaded the 1.06 patch, I have been unable to play the game. Continuing my original save, my two New Game+ saves or starting a new one all give me the same error. 

Save Game Error

Insufficient space for chapter save. 3.00MB required.

My Xbox (1TB) is at 60% memory and I deleted most of my latest saves in-game, and I am still getting this error. It pops up any time the game tries to auto-save, when I try to manual-save, and even when I left Scott standing around while I googled this error. 

I got into contact with EA via the browser chat (I am in the UK) and was advised to delete the game from my consol and re-download it. This took over a day but was successful. Yet I still have the exact same error on the new download. The sales rep told me the patch wouldn't auto download, but it appears to have done exactly that as there is no patch waiting in my updates que. 

I have tried several hard resets of my xbox but that hasn't helped. 

I love this game, but this bug makes it completely unplayable. 

Message 1 of 7 (847 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Still bugged

Message 2 of 7 (792 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Bump

Message 3 of 7 (757 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

If you have online saves enabled you may be running out of space there. Online you have 1GB space across all your games.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

I do not work for EA or Origin. I am a player like you that enjoys helping others with their game.
Message 4 of 7 (746 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I've got the same bug. By reloading a previous save, I was able to make my autosave overwrite each other but still couldn't save manually Frown

Message 5 of 7 (736 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

Have you tried clearing your cache? It fixed it for me.

xb1 press and hold the power button on the console until shut off (and for extra measure unplug the power brick from the Xbox for 15 seconds)

Message 6 of 7 (725 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I think I may have found the answer. Would you mind counting your number of save ? Include autosave, chapter save or mission save in the count please.

Message 7 of 7 (714 Views)
Twitter Stream