Re: Game unoptimized or is there something wrong with my pc?

by Aerozolic

Original Post

Game unoptimized or is there something wrong with my pc?

★★★ Novice

Hello,

So I started playing Apex Legends when the season 4 began. Since the start of it im playing on low graphics, because when im in game i get like 100fps but my game feels choppy if that makes sense. When im in the "plane" and look out of the map it feels so smooth, then as soon as I look towards the center of the map it feels so choppy it's unbelievable. It's weird that my friends are playing smoothly with 60 fps and 60hz and I have 144hz monitor. I don't know what to do anymore it's literally unplayable.

Specs:

i7 7700k

ddr4 16x1 GB 2400mhz (second slot on mobo not in the first one, long story) 

gtx 1070

ga h110m s2h

Message 1 of 23 (1,188 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Xx_apeXpr0_xX

When you've got a chance could you grab a DxDiag so we can take a look? You can find more info on how to pull one up over at the EA Help site

Once you have the file you can attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 23 (1,109 Views)

★★★ Novice

There u go.

Message 3 of 23 (1,104 Views)

★ Guide
@Xx_apeXpr0_xX if you're playing borderless, switch to fullsceen mode.
Message 4 of 23 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ekze No, im playing fullscreen.. V Sync and G sync is on.
Message 5 of 23 (1,063 Views)

★ Apprentice

turn vsync off and limit your Apex's framerate in nvidia's control panel at 3 fps lower than you monitor's refresh rate.

Message 6 of 23 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Aerozolic For global or just for apex? But shouldn't V sync be on if G sync is on?
Message 7 of 23 (1,034 Views)

★ Apprentice

just for Apex. You don't have to have vsync on if you limit your frame rate below your monitor's refresh rate.

I had issues with gsync+vsync with 1070. The card would not be fully utilized when required so then GPU usage and fps were both low in certain situations.

Or better yet test by disabling gsync and vsync and enable fast sync in nvcp for Apex without a max fps set up. Is your game smooth with fast sync? If so then it's probably an issue with gsync+vsync. Or it might be something totally different of course. 

Message 8 of 23 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Aerozolic Well problem is, my fps is stable it just feels laggy when I move my mouse around, but when I look out of the map when I am in ship it feels smooth.
Message 9 of 23 (1,011 Views)

★ Apprentice

If you mean that your movements are often like choppy and it feels that the game is struggling to position you correctly on the map when you run around and all this while not having any dips in FPS and no red connection issue icons then I've been having the same issues lately. 

Message 10 of 23 (1,007 Views)